PDA

View Full Version : Rework Kess/Ktag Clone from Original Slave?

Sefior
7th May, 2023, 05:05 AM
Hello.

I have Kess & Ktag clones, actually I rarely have any problems with them reading, sometimes there are some wake up errors when reading for example Volvos, but I can read mostly ECUS.

But, I have also original Kess & Ktag slaves.

Is there any way I can rework my clones and take parts from my slave?

Which parts should I take?

Or is there something better I can do?

Thank you.

bmw3456
7th May, 2023, 07:49 AM
so if your getting wake up issue only with the clone try changing the sd card with one with the better image and regarding issues with wake up try different versions of k suite

damjantuze
8th May, 2023, 04:22 PM
U need to change the nxp chip frome ur clone's to original kess/ktag and u have great clones after

Sefior
8th May, 2023, 07:11 PM
so if your getting wake up issue only with the clone try changing the sd card with one with the better image and regarding issues with wake up try different versions of k suite

Do I buy a new SD card which is better quality or just use same old with other better files?
Where can I find the files?

Can I change sd card on both Ktag and Kess?

elioc9
8th May, 2023, 09:09 PM
Do I buy a new SD card which is better quality or just use same old with other better files?
Where can I find the files?

Can I change sd card on both Ktag and Kess?

yes you can. this way is pretty eas have a look on this thread (https://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/showthread.php/1022471-KESS-KTAG-SD-CARD-UPDATE-easy-way?p=4542243#post4542243)

i've reworked my kess and ktag last week.

Sefior
8th May, 2023, 09:59 PM
U need to change the nxp chip frome ur clone's to original kess/ktag and u have great clones after

If I switch places on the nxp chip, will the slave still work with the clone pcb?