PDA

View Full Version : help downstream sensor

bigboots
16th March, 2010, 08:21 PM
hi all i have a pug 307 2l hdi 02 plate. i have a cat downstream sensor short to earth.anyidea where i could find this and how to remove?? just i no there is 2 a upstream and downstream,any help would be greatfull thanks

Meat-Head
16th March, 2010, 08:52 PM
might be talking bollocks as normal, but seem to think there is a temp sender infront of the pdf (phoeey) and 'this' dertimes if the temp rises in a matter of seconds the dpf is blocked.

teuton
16th March, 2010, 09:06 PM
The downstream sensor is the one after the cat, in direction to the rear of the car. The upstream sensor is the one before the cat, between exhaust manifold and cat. Disconnect the wiring and if you can't get it out with "normal" tools, you'll need a specialsocket which is slotted. This will allow the wire to thrown through and turn the socket.

nutloose
16th March, 2010, 09:44 PM
engine code RHS has two exhaust temp sensors
one is screwed into the side of the PEF/CAT assy (looks like a thermocouple)
downstream sensor is the second one in the direction of gasflow
pin 2 of sensor is 0 Ohms to ground

from autodata:
sensor 1 wires: 1274/1275 pin 10/11 on fuel additive controller
sensor 2 wires: 1309/ME03 plug B Pinn f3/e3 on ECU

bigboots
16th March, 2010, 11:23 PM
i looked under the car and found there is a split wire coming from the additive tank,could that be the problem??? it aint broke off just the casing torn. or is that nothing to do with it.

nutloose
17th March, 2010, 01:05 AM
page 1: upstream sensor
page 2: downstream sensor
page 3: pressure sensor (and picture of downstream sensor location)

Ah! so the Cat is upstream of the PEF, you learn something new everyday

bigboots
17th March, 2010, 07:32 PM
anyone no were to buy 1 from and a pic of it would be nice
or is it just a lamba sensor???
thx

i have just looked on euro carparts web site it shows 2.... 1 is in cat sensor,and other is temp sensor in filter housing???

any light as to whitch 1 it will be??

nutloose
17th March, 2010, 11:57 PM
from previous post:
DESCRIPTION SDI018C
The sensor consists of a Negative Temperature Coefficient resistor (NTC). The higher the temperature, the lower its resistance.

EXHAUST GAS TEMPERATURE SENSOR (DOWNSTREAM OF THE CATALYTIC CONVERTER) (1343)
A - ROLE The temperature sensor informs the injection ECU of the temperature of the exhaust gases (downstream of the catalytic converter).
B - DESCRIPTION The downstream temperature sensor is identical to the upstream temperature sensor.
C - ELECTRICAL FEATURES
Allocation of connector channels: channel 1: 5 volts, channel 2: earth. Resistance at 100 C = 96 000 ohms. Resistance at 450 C = 762 ohms.Warning: The electrical information provided by the downstream temperature sensor is transmitted by wire to the additive ECU and sent to the injection ECU via the multiplexed networks.
D - LOCATION The temperature sensor is located between the catalytic converter and the particle filter.

bigboots
18th March, 2010, 06:49 PM
anyone gotta part number or no were to get it from.its the rhs engine
thanks