PDA

View Full Version : Well done Inter

mattybhoy
16th March, 2010, 11:45 PM
It's got to be said. What a performance by Inter tonight. Made Chelsea look very average.

Are Chelsea as good as the English press think they are?

Is the EPL as good as the English press (and public) think it is?

????

Bulld0g
16th March, 2010, 11:48 PM
Got to disagree. Chelsea had the chances to win the game and had Two pens turned down. Great performance by Inter, but Chelsea, an average performnce ? No.

pudzy
16th March, 2010, 11:55 PM
think jose deserves credit.. top class manager, inter played very well ,they where the better team over both legs...well done

steppenwolf
17th March, 2010, 01:45 AM
Great game for Inter but I don't know what happened to Chelsea tonight. And the judge did not showed on the white spot when Ivanovic was crushed after corner, obvious penalty. But I think that Inter was better hole game, better chances... and b4 the match I was so sure that Chelsea will pass...

Well Done For CSKA!!!

steppenwolf
17th March, 2010, 01:50 AM
Guess Murinho never lose at Stanford Bridge lol

calvin plummer
17th March, 2010, 12:16 PM
The premiership is a tiny bit over rated, certainly it's weaker than last year. Arsenal haven't caught up, united and chelski have dropped down

opsmonkey
17th March, 2010, 09:39 PM
The premiership is a tiny bit over rated, certainly it's weaker than last year. Arsenal haven't caught up, united and chelski have dropped down

The Premier League is far from overrated.. there has been an English team in the final of Europe's premier competition for the past 4 years.. with English clubs making up 3 of the 4 Semi-Final places consistently..

The EPL is the strongest league in Europe FACT..
As for Arsenal not catching up.. they are tied for 2nd with Chelsea on 64 points with Man Utd on 66..

There is a ten point drop from 3rd to 4th..

I don't see where you have got your views from, as they are not based on any sort of facts

shellbob
17th March, 2010, 10:20 PM
Inter were brilliant ref was a disgrace.

steppenwolf
17th March, 2010, 10:59 PM
The Premier League is far from overrated.. there has been an English team in the final of Europe's premier competition for the past 4 years.. with English clubs making up 3 of the 4 Semi-Final places consistently..

I could not agree with you more. The Premier League is far most the best league in Europe. The only club football I enjoy to watch.

boomer39
17th March, 2010, 11:27 PM
are you dingodave in disguise???
arsenal haven't caught up.. to whom?
chelsea and "them" have dropped down to "where"???
please explain!!!!!

jimi902
18th March, 2010, 02:12 AM
Well I agree with Calvin Plummer!

If you chaps don't or wont read the post properly. Thats your prob!

BTW the bottom half of the EPL has a lot of dross in it.

mattybhoy
18th March, 2010, 06:04 PM
[QUOTE=opsmonkey;505034]The Premier League is far from overrated.. there has been an English team in the final of Europe's premier competition for the past 4 years.. with English clubs making up 3 of the 4 Semi-Final places consistently..

In the last 10 yrs there have been 4 Spanish winners of the champs league compared with 2 from Italy and England - FACT..

The current Champions are from the Spanish league - FACT..

But the EPL is the best league....???:hmmmm2:

steppenwolf
18th March, 2010, 06:22 PM
In the last 10 yrs there have been 4 Spanish winners of the champs league compared with 2 from Italy and England - FACT..

The current Champions are from the Spanish league - FACT..

But the EPL is the best league....???:hmmmm2:

You don't have to hmmmm m8. Yes your facts are true, but the Champions League is half a Cup tournament and for example in the final, you may need just one lucky day to win or last 15 minutes like in the final Barcelona - Arsenal 2006... And yet for the last couple of years in the semi finals you almost always have three out of four England clubs. Therefore the CL is not the only thing that you should look when you are talking about the quality. In the moment in EPL we have three or four clubs fighting for 4th place, and what clubs they are.... Liverpool !!!! City, Villa, Totenham... And yet you have Man UTD, Chelsea, Arsenal....

1.Premier League
2.Empty
3.Empty
4.Primera division
5.empty
6.empty
7.Serie A
8.Bundes Liga
9.French

shuffs
18th March, 2010, 07:20 PM
Well done Inter, by far the better team in the 2nd leg.
Chelsea are looking an old team packed with bad losers.
i can't be the only 1 who thinks Ballack has been a disappointment,
watch him shine this summer in the world cup.

mattybhoy
18th March, 2010, 11:26 PM
You don't have to hmmmm m8. Yes your facts are true, but the Champions League is half a Cup tournament and for example in the final, you may need just one lucky day to win or last 15 minutes like in the final Barcelona - Arsenal 2006... And yet for the last couple of years in the semi finals you almost always have three out of four England clubs. Therefore the CL is not the only thing that you should look when you are talking about the quality. In the moment in EPL we have three or four clubs fighting for 4th place, and what clubs they are.... Liverpool !!!! City, Villa, Totenham... And yet you have Man UTD, Chelsea, Arsenal....

1.Premier League
2.Empty
3.Empty
4.Primera division
5.empty
6.empty
7.Serie A
8.Bundes Liga
9.French

Sorry mate, don't get it??

Are you saying that you have to look at the overall strength of the EPL rather than the premier European competition as a yard stick? Have a look at some of the dross in there as well and the standard of football played by some teams in the EPL.

Is it fair to say that arguably the top three players in the world play in Spain and not England? Would that be used as a yard stick as well?

boomer39
19th March, 2010, 12:34 AM

Are you saying that you have to look at the overall strength of the EPL rather than the premier European competition as a yard stick? Have a look at some of the dross in there as well and the standard of football played by some teams in the EPL.

Is it fair to say that arguably the top three players in the world play in Spain and not England? Would that be used as a yard stick as well?
so you are saying that the spanish/italian/german leagues are better than the english league???
spain... real, barca.
italy.... inter,milan.
germany..?????
england... them, arsenal, chelsea,lfc, fulham.......
who are the top 3 players?? ok messi... say no more.
but sad to say, what about shrek? nando, stevie g. ????
we've got 4 clubs in the last 8 of 2 comps.. how many spanish, italian,german ???? get real mate....

steppenwolf
19th March, 2010, 10:42 AM

And the top three are : Messi, Ronaldo and Xavi or Ibra...
Yes you are right, but what about Rooney, Torres, Fabregas... In City you have in attack, Tevez, Adebayor, Bellamy, Cruz... and what? they are fighting for the 4th position.... Who plays for Deportivo La Coruna??? What about defence players?

m8, I suggest to open a special thread on this one to hear a thought from someone else....

Best Regards!

mattybhoy
19th March, 2010, 11:11 AM
so you are saying that the spanish/italian/german leagues are better than the english league???
spain... real, barca.
italy.... inter,milan.
germany..?????
england... them, arsenal, chelsea,lfc, fulham.......
who are the top 3 players?? ok messi... say no more.
but sad to say, what about shrek? nando, stevie g. ????
we've got 4 clubs in the last 8 of 2 comps.. how many spanish, italian,german ???? get real mate....

So you reckon Ronaldo isn't in the top 3 players in the world??? I think ought to get real mate! No mention of Kaka as well??? Sure he's not having great season, but is Gerrard???? Rooney is the only player anywhere near the top 3 players in the world at present.

You mention Fulham from Eng and not mention Bayern from Germany?? Valencia, Athletico from Spain?? No mention of clubs like Ajax, Benfica or the French sides??? Think you ought to get real mate!!!

Next you'll be saying that England will win the world cup..

Barca are the best side in the world at present, from the most successful league in world - look at the facts..

mattybhoy
19th March, 2010, 11:32 AM
And the top three are : Messi, Ronaldo and Xavi or Ibra...
Yes you are right, but what about Rooney, Torres, Fabregas... In City you have in attack, Tevez, Adebayor, Bellamy, Cruz... and what? they are fighting for the 4th position.... Who plays for Deportivo La Coruna??? What about defence players?

m8, I suggest to open a special thread on this one to hear a thought from someone else....

Best Regards!

Good idea mate.

Think your right with Rooney. Torres is great when he's fit which is rare.. Fabregas is a hell of a player, but so is Iniesta. Though I wouldn't be surprised is both Torres & Fabregas are playing in Spain next season.

Kaka's not been great this season, but he's consistently been in the top 3 players for the last few years. Garrard is quality, but he's not been good this season.

The Spanish and Italians probably have the same discussions re the best league. I think people from all three are going to be biased not only due to country allegiance, but from what the press in each country says. It's good business!

steppenwolf
19th March, 2010, 11:59 AM
The Champions League draw begins in couple of minutes.... Let see....... From which country are you m8 if it is not too much to ask?

opsmonkey
19th March, 2010, 03:57 PM
another celtic fan who has illusions of grandeur about his own side and green eyes of jealousy when it comes to the league across the border ..

it's well known that EPL is the best league in the world..
the strength in depth is far greater than any other European league..

Tried to leave your own league to join ours.. you cant so now you hate it..

Bluezola
19th March, 2010, 10:45 PM
I agree with 'shuffs' Chelsea are looking very pedestrian ,they're missing essien ,cheq, cole & the real jo cole.Abramovich will have to sell his yacht & settle for a canoe to replace some of his ageing squad.The EPL is by far stronger in depth than any other european league,look at the liverpool & fulham results this week in the europa cup. The points that the top three sides have all dropped to the underacheivers in the premiership this season,there is no longer an easy fixture in the league .The best players in spain & Italy are rested more frequently,they get a winter break & the better so called stars only come out for the crunch games .Lets hope joe cole can get back into form for the world cup & all our best players remain injury & scandal free:cobblers:

boomer39
20th March, 2010, 12:39 AM
So you reckon Ronaldo isn't in the top 3 players in the world??? I think ought to get real mate! No mention of Kaka as well??? Sure he's not having great season, but is Gerrard???? Rooney is the only player anywhere near the top 3 players in the world at present.

You mention Fulham from Eng and not mention Bayern from Germany?? Valencia, Athletico from Spain?? No mention of clubs like Ajax, Benfica or the French sides??? Think you ought to get real mate!!!

Next you'll be saying that England will win the world cup..

Barca are the best side in the world at present, from the most successful league in world - look at the facts..
no, mate, never mentioned him because i forgot his and a few others names... kaka, et al... all players AND clubs have a bad spell.. but that does not mean that they are o.t.h..
ajax? no dutch sides in europe...
benfica..only portugese side left... in europa league....
hamburg... europa
wolfsfburg ..europa...
bayern....cl
barca...cl
valencia/athletico.madrid.
them/arsenal..cl
lfc/fulham. europa..
say no more....

mattybhoy
21st March, 2010, 09:28 PM
Say no more, you've not said a great deal there...

So now the Europa league comes into consideration.. Funny that! I wonder why??

thered
22nd March, 2010, 10:49 AM

well i agree with this tbh i do feel like ourselves and chelsea are worse now than last season and even more so the season before that

we lost the best player in europe so how can we be better than we were and chelsea have been slowly going backwards since mouriniho left and have hardly made a decent signing in that time there key players are all ageing too

arsenal are poor tbh but they are in with a shout because we lost 6 games and chelsea have lost a few also

and how many times has that happened in the last few years?

we also have only 2 teams left in th CL which is worse than the last few years so yes i do believe the standard has dropped

steppenwolf
22nd March, 2010, 10:59 AM
well i agree with this tbh i do feel like ourselves and chelsea are worse now than last season and even more so the season before that

we lost the best player in europe so how can we be better than we were and chelsea have been slowly going backwards since mouriniho left and have hardly made a decent signing in that time there key players are all ageing too

arsenal are poor tbh but they are in with a shout because we lost 6 games and chelsea have lost a few also

and how many times has that happened in the last few years?

we also have only 2 teams left in th CL which is worse than the last few years so yes i do believe the standard has dropped

Yup red m8, you are right, but even so, the premier league is better than primera,

steppenwolf
22nd March, 2010, 11:03 AM
So you reckon Ronaldo isn't in the top 3 players in the world??? I think ought to get real mate! .

And Ronaldo would never been Ronaldo as we know him today if he has not been "touch with hand of almighty" Ser Alex Ferguson. The world can say thanks to SAF for Ronaldo.

thered
22nd March, 2010, 11:08 AM
Yup red m8, you are right, but even so, the premier league is better than primera,

yeh im not disagreeing with you there m8 i would rather watch the EPL than any other league but i think our top sides have just gone a bit backwards in the last couple of seasons as oppose to our CL peak a couple of seasons back

mattybhoy
31st March, 2010, 12:28 PM
It took a United fan to talk some sense..:)

mattybhoy
31st March, 2010, 12:50 PM
another celtic fan who has illusions of grandeur about his own side and green eyes of jealousy when it comes to the league across the border ..

it's well known that EPL is the best league in the world..
the strength in depth is far greater than any other European league..

Tried to leave your own league to join ours.. you cant so now you hate it..

Utter load of rubbish that post I'm affraid.

Look at the past posts of mine, I did not say I hate it at all. I basically said it was the 2nd best behind Spain - so does that mean I hate it?? I love watching the football Arsenal and Man U play and also Chelsea are a great side and are at times great to watch. I just think that throughout the Spanish league the standard of football is better than in England. And history in Europe (and recent history) suggest that they are more sucessful.

Although Villa are an excellent side, do they play good football??, do Liverpooll??? and I'm not even mentioning plenty of other teams in the EPL at present that don't play good football.

As for your comment about 'illusions' of grandeur. What makes you say that??? Again look at my posts. I've mentioned that we are total s**te at present, but we aint been too bad in Europe over the 2000's (I remember putting your lot out of europe) and no one can deny that we are a huge club.

As for me being jealous about not playing in the EPL - you bet I am! Wouldn't anybody playing in the Scottich league, getting approx ?2 mill a year from TV as apposed to ?35 - ?60 mill in England!

matzu
10th April, 2010, 12:46 AM
one thing for sure... the ref should visit a doctor to check on his eyes