PDA

View Full Version : Which lcd should i buy

vinay88
8th April, 2008, 12:00 PM
Hi guys,

Im planning to buy a new lcd tv...

ice2004
8th April, 2008, 12:35 PM
What size, functions and price limit have you got?

Are there any makes you want or don't want?

aftermath
8th April, 2008, 01:06 PM
I just got a Sony Bravia 26" from an Argos Clearence shop near me 2 weeks ago m8. cost me ?295. They are still ?500 in the Main Argos shops m8. And i am over the moon with it, just pi55ed me off paying for a wall Braket with a swivell arm so it fits in the corner, that was about ?120.

http://www.argos.co.uk/wcsstore/argos/images/262-0870742SPA69UC457984M.jpg

Television Picture Quality

* High Definition Ready.

* Integrated digital (freeview).

* 26in (66cm) widescreen TV with 65cm visible screen size.

* Resolution 1366 x 768 pixels.

* Brightness 450 cd/m2.

* Contrast ratio 6000:1.

* Bravia engine.

* Viewing angle 178 degrees.

* Progressive scan.

Connectivity

* 2 HDMI sockets.

* 2 SCART sockets.

* PC input socket.

* Component video socket.

* Headphone socket.

* S-video socket.

* Rear AV socket.

* Rear DC socket.

Sound Quality

* Dolby Virtual sound.

* 2 x 10w RMS power output.

Freeview Features

* Digitally interactive.

* Digital text.

* Auto setup.

* Auto scan for new channels.

* Now and next electronic programme guide.

* 8 day electronic programme guide.

* Top up TV compatible.

Additional Features

* Teletext.

* Fastext.

* Digital and analogue tuners.

* Auto setup.

* Auto search tuner.

* Auto search sorting.

* Auto search labelling.

* Sleep timer.

* Child lock.

* Picture in Picture.

* NTSC compatible.

* Remote control requires 2 x AA batteries (supplied).

* 230v AC mains operated.

* Complete with tabletop stand.

* Size of TV (H)45.3, (W)65.7, (D)12.1cm.

* Size of TV with stand (H)50, (W)65.7, (D)21.4cm.

* Weight of TV 16kg

* Weight of TV and stand 17kg

* Suitable for wall mounting (brackets not supplied)

allycoops
8th April, 2008, 01:10 PM
Steve was this the shop in Stanley?

what kind of warranty do you get out of there?

I may be looking for a couple of LCD's myself soon. el cheapo!

one for my bedroom and one for the kid

aftermath
8th April, 2008, 01:18 PM
Steve was this the shop in Stanley?

what kind of warranty do you get out of there?

I may be looking for a couple of LCD's myself soon. el cheapo!

one for my bedroom and one for the kid

You got it in one Shaun m8, its a class shop m8, they had a Panasonic and a Samsung 50 " for ?800 each.

you still get your full warranty my, 12 months.

Have a look in mate you will get a surprise at how cheap the Electrical stuff is.

i mounted mine on the wall in the bedroom, see pic. I just need a piece of trunking to tidy the wires up , and i will paint the trunking same colour as the walls.

allycoops
8th April, 2008, 01:21 PM
yeh Ive been a few times now and had a bit look, they usually have some good offers on, printers, phones, leads etc and some of the bigger electricals, washers, dishwashers etc, I may take a look up there tomorrow, Its only a few miles from me.
Cheers Steve.

father ted
8th April, 2008, 01:33 PM
looks like its about time i paid a visit to me relations in tantobie :elefant:

aftermath
8th April, 2008, 01:35 PM
looks like its about time i paid a visit to me relations in tantobie :elefant:

not another one , lol

allycoops
8th April, 2008, 01:37 PM
let me know when Ted ,

so I can book my next weekend break to Scotland :rofl:

Theres another one, Not Argos and nowhere near as big , down in blackhill industrial estate (consett) cant remember the name etc but he used to do a lot of bankrupt stock, catologue etc, PC's TV's DVD, games consoles etc

@ Steve

Nice TV, Have a look at plasma centres website, think theyre based in Washington? they sell alll the trunking etc for hiding cable

http://www.theplasmacentre.com/index.php?cPath=289&menu=left

aftermath
8th April, 2008, 01:44 PM
Nice one Shaun , cheers m8, will deffo be going for some of that trunking mate, i only need about 3 feet.

@ Father Ted, let me know when your going to Tantobie m8, so i can hide the hubcaps on my car, pmsl.

father ted
8th April, 2008, 05:41 PM
Nice one Shaun , cheers m8, will deffo be going for some of that trunking mate, i only need about 3 feet.

@ Father Ted, let me know when your going to Tantobie m8, so i can hide the hubcaps on my car, pmsl.

trust me there is no place you can hide them from me :roflmao:

violentj
10th April, 2008, 09:51 PM
well ive got a 37inch jvc and besides the picture being amazing it cant half take a crack

got burgled yesterday,twats yanked it off the wall to pull console leads out,tv sorta bounced about on the floor,not a ~~~~ing mark on it,no picture damage all working sweet

oh mr insurance man if your reading this im lying,it blew up cost me 3000

shortyball
11th April, 2008, 09:36 AM
hannspree alot places have them.
32inch cost ?300

i think a new one is out now ebuer normally have them but if you shop around.
i think the new on is 37in ?350 ish but they are great tv's. plenty ports etc for all your stuff, 2xhdmi which is console good.

MONKey
11th April, 2008, 10:58 AM
I got a DGM LTV-3203, or something to that effect i'd have to check on the back of it lol, as a cheap High Def screen for my 360 about a year ago now.

Cost me ?350 back then so should be able to get one much cheaper than that now, with built in free-view as the model I got didn't have it built in (My DreamBox fills that slot anyways so would of been useless to me lol)

:)

babycakes
11th April, 2008, 01:42 PM
I recommend always buying a big established brand such as Panasonic, Sony or Toshiba.

With LCD, you really do get what you pay for, so be prepared to pay a little more than to get better picture quality.

MONKey
11th April, 2008, 06:51 PM
Absolutley no probs with mine m8 ;)

Bought it as a cheap screen but well impressed with it. It even does 1080P!

My mate paid a fortune for a Samsung one at the time and even he said the picture quality was far better than his.

Came with 3 - 5 years warranty too, can't remember which though lol

Tizzer22
12th April, 2008, 02:58 PM
I have a LG 32" in the bedroom and a 50" plasma in the living room, i like my LG's. lol

hammered
12th April, 2008, 03:19 PM
Hi if you have access to a Makro card 37 " sony ?400.00 + vat with free view etc worth a go:0

redbarone
14th April, 2008, 04:39 PM
I WANT TO BUY A NEW LCD TV BUT DON'T KNOW WHAT TO CHOOSE. HAVE BEEN CONSIDERING THE SAMSUNG LE46F86BNX, ANY ADVICE WOULD HELP.

BEST REGARDS.

Tizzer22
16th April, 2008, 06:59 PM
I WANT TO BUY A NEW LCD TV BUT DON'T KNOW WHAT TO CHOOSE. HAVE BEEN CONSIDERING THE SAMSUNG LE46F86BNX, ANY ADVICE WOULD HELP.

BEST REGARDS.

What size are you looking for?

Dowie
18th April, 2008, 01:27 PM
Ive just bought a Samsung 40" LCD from Currys ?599 its got 3 hdmi 1 pc 2 scart 1 componant 1composite audio out its the dogs!

Also found my Xbox360 resolution on the VGA cable its far better than the component connection that it comes with

Dowie

Pol
20th April, 2008, 09:18 PM
Bought a 32 inch hanspree off ebuyer for 299 plus free delivery,decent enough tv for the cash but the picture can be very dark at times maybe not the best choice as a main room tv.

fireman1374
27th April, 2008, 08:10 PM
Check out LG, They have some pretty sweet deals and they seem to be the brightest.

Pisun
25th May, 2008, 05:51 PM
Hi guys,

Im planning to buy a new lcd tv...

Find interesting article at http://www.testfreaks.co.uk/tvs/ about which TV should you buy:

Even though the basic purpose of a TV set is entertainment, a lot depends on the quality and features you desire. Hence, you should be sure about the same before choosing a particular one. In the past 10 years or so, the TV sets have seen rapid development and today?s TV comes with a wide screen that is flat as well. The picture quality may be HD or even Full HD. The TV sets can even be combined with the music systems to provide you with a complete entertainment. The wide variety of technical choices available often tends to be confusing to the common man. There is a choice between the projector and back projector sets as well.

Among the screen types there are the LCD and the Plasma ones. Due to rapid development in the LCD type, both offer quite similar picture quality. But, in case you intend to buy a very large screen indeed such as the one greater than 40 inches or so, a Plasma screen is often preferable. The choice between HD and Full HD sets becomes clearer when factors such as the viewing distance and point are taken into account. For example, a Full HD is required in case you intend to view a very large screen from a comparatively small distance. But if the viewing distance is large enough, such specifications cease to matter. A Full HD offers better quality in case you desire to connect the TV set with a gaming console or computer etc.

The performance of the TV set in daylight always remains in doubt and the same should be checked thoroughly when opting for a particular set. Some TV sets nowadays come with light sensors that adjust the brightness and contrast depending on the ambient light. This proves to be important in a room that has frequent light variations.

The TV sets can be roughly classified into the following categories:

? The TV set with standard features. It often has the HD functionality are generally worth the price you pay for them. But, they often lack the latest technologies and hence may not be compatible with the other latest devices.
? The movie or home theatres that offer you the experience of a movie hall while sitting at home. They can be connected to a variety of devices such as a recorder, or a DVD player.
? The various components are even available separately for those desiring to construct their own TV set. They may support different modes such as projectors and screens. They can even be connected to the computer and be used in place of the regular monitor.

Thus, once your needs are decided, you should review all the models of your choice carefully and only then decide which one to opt for. The most important consideration of course being the picture quality that the set offers. If you face problems such as lack of space etc. flat screens are the solution for you as they even offer a great manoeuvrability.

sharkpicasso
4th June, 2008, 01:15 AM
bosse, or toshiba, or sony and others, but i think bose&toshiba are the best