PDA

View Full Version : ECU Replacement

GutterMotors
16th May, 2023, 09:50 PM
Hi everyone, I have a Pug 207 that is a crank no start, diagbox is showing no communication with the ECU, I believe it has water ingress. Question is if I get another ECU of the same part number is diagbox able to reset this for this vehicle, if so what steps do I need to take?

If I power the ecu with a separate 12v supply I can communicate with it, it shows has having both oxygen sensor and the 4 injectors at fault.

Regards GutterMotors

mexanico1971
17th May, 2023, 12:54 AM
Fist give people , references of the type of ecu , e.t.c

GutterMotors
18th May, 2023, 09:39 AM
The ECU is a Valeo J34P part number 9006 29714 it is aso numbered 21586539-8 A, here is an image 962687

volodin69
18th May, 2023, 09:57 AM
Follow the wires through the engine bay fusebox module. Is not an ecu issue, but between ecu and bcm, through the engine bay fusebox module

GutterMotors
18th May, 2023, 08:21 PM
We have replaced the engine bay fuse box module with no change, all fuses have passed test on the engine bay and interior fuse boxes, by putting a positive feed on the ECU I have gained comms, it tells me that both oxygen sensors are shorted or open circuit, and the same with the 4 injectors, I'm pretty sure I cannot hear the fuel pump run either. It's driving me nuts, we are getting close to a gallon of 4 star and a box of matches!

fuzz1
19th May, 2023, 01:40 AM
Hi
Can the ECU be opened? Water ingress can sometimes be fixed by cleaning the PCB

Feed power to the fuel pump to see if the pump starts

drz
19th May, 2023, 08:53 AM
Hi

Cleaning pcb on j34p is hard work.

aceton
19th May, 2023, 10:12 AM
Follow the wires through the engine bay fusebox module. Is not an ecu issue, but between ecu and bcm, through the engine bay fusebox module

PSA CAN:

BSI - ABS - ECU

In most cases ECU power or ABS problem

GutterMotors
19th May, 2023, 11:38 AM
Hi

Thanks for everyones input, I'm a mechanical engineer and not really up to speed on electric string carrying wiggly amps, I took the back of the ECU to see if it was corroded, unfortunately it's all potted in rubber inside so couldn't see.
Is there any way of quickly finding out which circuit is causing the problem, or is it pot luck. i.e. prod and test?

you say BSI - ABS - ECU is that the normal order to go after the fault, or can I isolate the ABS say, and rule it out?

Thanks everyone

fuzz1
19th May, 2023, 03:39 PM
I would have disconnected the abs from the circuit to see if the communication is back

GutterMotors
19th May, 2023, 07:41 PM
I would have disconnected the abs from the circuit to see if the communication is back

Thanks, I'll give that a try tomorrow

aceton
20th May, 2023, 11:16 AM
No
PSA CAN is series not parallel !!!!
So if You disconnect ABS plug You must make 2 shorts

fuzz1
21st May, 2023, 06:46 AM
No
PSA CAN is series not parallel !!!!
So if You disconnect ABS plug You must make 2 shorts

What wires need to be shorted to keep the circuit alive? Or you think from the symptoms the faults not from the abs?

vanders
21st May, 2023, 11:26 PM
On the uk ebay, there are a lot complete systems for 100 to 150..ecu bcm fusebox keys.. i had a peugeot here last week also without running fuelpump.. pump was corroded..i think that even without ecu, the pump starts if you put the ignition on..(not sure with all peugeots / citroen ) but with some it is. so getting pressure on the rail..only the ignition is missing with ecu locked / or failure.
So be sure that your pump is ok.

aceton
22nd May, 2023, 09:45 AM
short CAN wires is the easiest way
CAN H with CAN H
CAN L with CAN L

check ecu power

J34P is shit

drz
22nd May, 2023, 11:01 AM
In post 1 you said you can communicate with ecu with external power supply, so it looks like ecu is not the problem. Check fuses, wiring, bsm...

GutterMotors
29th May, 2023, 09:13 PM
In post 1 you said you can communicate with ecu with external power supply, so it looks like ecu is not the problem. Check fuses, wiring, bsm...
I have checked all fuses, followed the wiring as far as possible, I've checked all the plugs/pins of the BS! to no avail, I have no voltage at the fuel pump, however, if I put a 12v supply to fuse 5 the pump runs and it has a 2.1 amp draw on it. has anyone any idea what the pump should be drawing?

drz
30th May, 2023, 09:14 PM
Replace bsm.

masterdata
30th May, 2023, 09:56 PM
Si puedes revisa la tarjeta de la bsm, componentes sulfatados o con despegados. a veces una buena limpieza con alcohol isopropilico y un poco de calor con la estacion de calor podria ayudarte, igual revisa los reguladores de voltaje.

masterdata
30th May, 2023, 09:57 PM
igual puede ser que no le salga el voltaje correspondiente.