PDA

View Full Version : IMMO issues Golf GTI 2010 24c32

1pretz1
25th May, 2023, 01:42 AM
Hello hello,

Hope you're all doing well.

I've got myself a bit stuck trying to add a key in an all keys lost scenario and would really appreciate some guidance. I love tinkering with cars but this is my first experience diving into IMMO which is turning out to be a bit tricky.

Some background: I tried to add a key but in doing so there was an error which I think was caused by me accidentally (and stupidly) trying to add the existing key. The failed attempt at adding a key then removed the existing working key from the cars memory so I could no longer start the car. Unfortunately, I don't have the eeprom dump prior to trying to add a new key.

When looking at the IMMO data, no keys are recognised / seem to be learnt by the car as all the key id hex codes are FFFFFFFF

After I realised no keys worked (apart from the remote of the original key), I then attempted doing all keys lost via a dump. I read the eeprom, wrote it it and saved it via OBD, then made a dealer key with the IMMO data but the key learning continually fails. On the dash I see the `immobiliser active' message with an error flashing intermittently on the odometer. When the ignition is off, I can read the immo data in plain text and access the eeprom data via OBD. The car also seems to recognise that the key is a dealer key and it's locked but not a learnt key according to the IMMO status.

I'm wondering if key learning is being blocked because the immobiliser is active?

I've attached the eeprom dump I pulled at this stage and the ImmoData file which contains the CS / PIN etc. If someone could check these and verify they look reasonable it'd be greatly appreciated (e.g nothing looks corrupt)?

If the dump / immo data look ok them I'm wondering if I could manually learn the key to the car. E.g save dealer key's id to the eeprom dump and rewrite it back to the chip (if it is that simple)? I understand the EEPROM data is encrypted but assume this can be decrypted and then re-encrypted with the IMMO data?

ImmoData:

PIN: 15619
CS code: FD 18 93 5D FA 31 54 A1 E4 64 A9 43
ECU hardware / software: 5K6920970D
MAC: CA 1A 65 9A
Power class: 88

Dealer key ids:

2AD7F279
2AD7EEA8

Car: VW Golf GTI 2010 IMMO4 24c32

Tools: Autel IM508S + XP400 pro

Sorry for the information overload and for being a newb. I've tried to be as detailed as possible.

Look forward to any advise, thank you for reading!

Cheers,
Peter