PDA

View Full Version : Technomate 5400CI+super

titian40
30th October, 2008, 09:37 PM
Have installed motorised system with a lot of help from previous posts on this site. To be honest still do not fully understand how the 5400 box operates as instructions are basic. I have patched receiver and seem to be picking up most channels from the various satellites but not all. My question is should i muck about with transponders stored and if yes ! how?
thanx

.: JaCkPoT :.
31st October, 2008, 12:26 AM
No. Your firmware probably contains transponders which are no longer in use or in a beam which isnt for the uk

31st October, 2008, 12:27 AM
No. Your firmware probably contains transponders which are no longer in use or in a beam which isnt for the uk. Can you give me a transponder and sat and i wil try to help.

alunfennell
1st November, 2008, 02:21 PM
Try the new patch issued yesterday 5400CI+ 5600CI 150p

alunfennell
1st November, 2008, 02:24 PM
OOH sorry its the Super model just make sure you select the super patch....

Regards:
Alun

titian40
1st November, 2008, 08:35 PM
Had a bit more time to look at receiver and now realise that when a satellite is scanned the receiver uses all transponders to get the channels. So when I go to say hotbird and view the channels each channel uses its relative transponder.I think! If you do a software update does this also add channels as maybe this explains why I have extra channels that are FTA but can t view. Thanks for update will give it a go! Thanx for help

ireland-batt
1st November, 2008, 08:44 PM
did your 5400ci come preloaded with the channels from technomate?< only as good as the date they were created
if so load a upto date channel list on your stb
usb-data transfare upload channel list

or back up your channel list delete all your channels on stb and do a blind scan of all sats you revieve in one go

titian40
1st November, 2008, 10:22 PM
Thanks Ireland-batt
what u say makes sense
I think only have default channels
I have stb back up so I will try blind search
many than

2nd November, 2008, 12:01 AM
Why not use auto navigation and then use blind scan on 42e turksat and 1 west. These two satellites hav had major transponder changes so just blind scan them two and auto navigate the others. This will be quicker and more efficient.

titian40
2nd November, 2008, 04:46 PM
Did as you said except on turksat as my arc finishes at 30e and do appear to have more channels yet to check all sats
many thanx for help

2nd November, 2008, 04:50 PM
Does your motor not go further?

titian40
2nd November, 2008, 04:55 PM
Yes it does but then next doors extended house blocks signal
bit of pain