PDA

View Full Version : The prophecy of the Maya

hoggy952
17th March, 2010, 10:05 PM
A thousand years ago believing the sun of the Mayan civilization in Central America sank in unexplained ways. They left us with a prophecy: for 2012 stands at a turning point. And now of the sun is going crazy. Meets in the prophecy?

If scientists are currently inspecting the solar disk, they see something that makes them worry: nothing. The sun shines spotlessly. It usually has a few spots: sometimes more, sometimes less. Reliable whose number usually fluctuates at a rate of about eleven years. After a poor season in spots it is now time for a few dark spots on the Glutball. But nothing! Unstained stares the sun down on us. "It's the longest spotless period since a hundred years ago, surprised the Sun researcher Sami Solanki from the Max Planck Institute for Solar System Research in Katlenburg-Lindau," and we do not know why. "Is still to the constant stream of particles, by proceeds of the sun - the solar wind - the lowest ever measured intensity waned. What is wrong with our central star? In fact, scientists have been expected by the end of 2012, the next phase of intense solar activity.

Perhaps the astrologers of the Maya have had interesting things to say about it. Millennia ago, namely, its people had a critical eye on the sun. Not out of scientific interest, but because their fate depended on it. They lived in a landscape that is extremely sensitive to the activity of the sun - where today Mexico and Guatemala are. The Maya built massive pyramids, invented rubber ball and chocolate, creating a unique calendar - and left us a mysterious prophecy for 2012 stands at a huge turning point! What exactly they saw is not recorded. In return, we know exactly to the day when it will arrive on: 21 December. Then, at the winter solstice ends, the "fourth sun" of the Mayan calendar, and the fifth is dawning. A new era begins.

Now a big guessing game has broken out about what awaits us in two years. :help:

flyingpig
20th March, 2010, 04:16 PM
Nothing... all will carry on as normal. I will take any money and give any odds against the world ending.

If the world ends you win and I will pay you out.. ;-)

hoggy952
21st March, 2010, 11:30 PM
Nothing... all will carry on as normal. I will take any money and give any odds against the world ending.

I dont think I'll be able to collect my winnings unless I see you in heaven lol

thered
22nd March, 2010, 03:07 PM

it will end one day when someone turns the gas out we will live no more i have a funny feeling it wont be 2012 tho

slightly diffrent topic but i have often wondered if our sun was bigger or smaller than what it is now

and if its getting bigger for example it will get to hot for us but gradually make life in the next planet along

or vice versa if its shrinking it would gradually get too cold for life on earth but may be in millions and billions of years be perfect for life on mars

my theorys are so far untested through lack of funding but im pretty sure they will be proved correct in time

johnboy1974
27th April, 2010, 11:50 PM
the info about the sunspots is interesting there was a slot on the news yesterday 25th april. nasa showed a new video with close up hd footage of the sun but they never mentioned any lack of sunspots

davieboy.rfc
1st May, 2010, 09:49 PM
why dont we ask the mayans now doh we cant as they r all dead lol..

flyingpig
1st May, 2010, 10:41 PM
A solar flare took out an american satellite that broadcasts some channels over there.....

patkins
2nd May, 2010, 05:35 PM
Hoggy, if we are to believe the words of the Bible then we `know not the hour or the day`. Well we dont know the hour but we seem to know the day which is 21st. Dec.2012 (or 23rd Dec.2012 or even some date in 2011). And if you/I/we are still here on the 22/12/2012 then this contradicts the teaching of the Bible assuming that the Bible hasnt been greatly corrupted throughout the centuries. The Mayans predict the end of the present era and hopefully the beginning of a new one. With the world economies in tatters the only ones talking of a recovery are those with a vested interest in getting back to their corrupt ways that brought us to this situation we are now in, I believe that the present era will end with the fall of all the world economies and the new era will commence from the ashes of greed and war. What that new era will be like I shudder to think but I dont believe that the world will end.

hoggy952
2nd May, 2010, 10:30 PM
With all the talk about 2012, there is only one ancient stone monument with Mayan inscriptions that depicts the end of the current 13-baktun era in 2012: , erected around 670 AD in Tabasco, Mexico. By decoding this inscription, archeologists where able to determine the end of the 13 Baktun Cycle Long Count Calendar Cycle is December 21, 2012; 4 Ahau. This ancient monument links our modern world to a larger, mythic story of unfolding.
The Tortuguero monument is reported as originally being a T-shaped monument covered with inscriptions. Shown here is the right-hand "wing." Sadly, the left "wing" of the monument is missing, the central section is partly effaced, and the part where the prophecy is recorded has a big crack through it, making full translation virtually impossible!

johnny-m-
11th July, 2010, 06:54 PM
may be something will happen like money will run out but nothing serious

z786
14th July, 2010, 03:00 AM
mayans wer pagan sun worshippers
nothin 2 worry about mate

cerocool007
14th July, 2010, 04:34 AM
i saw the movie 2012 believed or not

cbeerman
15th August, 2010, 08:37 PM
Why can't it be as simple as the long count just starts over?

bazare
16th August, 2010, 06:06 AM
An astronomist explained me that Mayans actually were measuring distance between stars by timing how much wood they burn in a period of time. and also he said that this event is happening once a few thousand years. So it probably happened a lot of times before. He also said dont worry about the end of the world ... its not coming from the sky.

zelenimarsovac
20th September, 2010, 10:52 PM
Are there any Mayans still alive so we could ask them to explain their theory?

cipijoint
25th December, 2010, 09:36 PM
too many people on the world . something must happen soon .
there is no place and what to eat for all.
Like other say, end of world will not come from sky, but from this plannet .
Maybe maya confused sun heat with some big bomb detonation .:tomato:

egonspengler
26th December, 2010, 12:02 AM
There should be some successors of mayans living in Mexico but I'm not sure they still have access to the knowledge of the ancient.

maca
26th December, 2010, 12:08 AM
:bebored:..........

nara
26th December, 2010, 10:00 AM

An easy mistake for a Mayan to make.........:bebored:

cablefreejunkie
28th December, 2010, 01:11 AM
i think its starting to happen already and has been for the last 6 or so years,,,many planetary moves and things happening,,,,the earth has been moving slightly on its axis and this has led to all sorts of things happening,,some might say im talking shite and these things will happen whatever,,,,,i saw the 2004 tsunami,i was in india,,,the most surreal thing i have ever seen in my life,,,a whole ocean dissapeared in front of my eyes,,,,we have ~~~~ed up this planet so much that in the next few years its gonna fight back,,,,,i really believe this
the tsunami really showed me what nature can achieve,,so to wipe out a whole continent etc is definetly doable
only the fittest of the fittest shall survive
i think all evil wil be wiped out
(i hope so)

thats my take on it

happy new year peeps

hoggy952
3rd January, 2011, 06:49 PM
10 minute video offers a down to earth perspective of 2012
YouTube - Eden Sky - 2012 We Are the Living Prophecy .mov (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTH_GvKyGAg)

capcaverna
8th January, 2011, 11:25 PM
too many people on the world . something must happen soon .
there is no place and what to eat for all.
Like other say, end of world will not come from sky, but from this plannet .

actually the people per habitable square kilometer is quite small! There is plenty of space for us to live, enough space for growing food and enough water to us all, the problem resides on how we use the available resources and how we distribute the opportunities amongst the people.

cablefreejunkie
9th January, 2011, 10:49 AM
[QUOTE=capcaverna;920805]actually the people per habitable square kilometer is quite small! There is plenty of space for us to live, enough space for growing food and enough water to us all, the problem resides on how we use the available resources and how we distribute the opportunities amongst the people.[/QUOTE
,the truth is this cycle that the maya have calculated will end on the 21st dec 2012 has no written evidence of what they thought would happen,,unlike the previous 4 cycles
the spanish sorted that out when they murdered and looted the mayans
and now you have every tom dick and harry claiming they know whats going to happen
truth is nobody knows so you could let your imagination run wild and believe the world will end
or you could try and sell a million books claiming a different theory
im selling the "mayan truth" ?9.99 a copy e mail for more info

only joking gmb