PDA

View Full Version : Connecting DM800HD thru ethernet

radioham
17th March, 2010, 11:35 PM
Need to connect my DM800HD to my PC running Win7 64 bit,for loading cccam and c lines.Tried using the IPSwitch FTP program and every IP address I can find and it still won't connect,even setting the network settings on the box to DHCP gives no result.I'm using a DLine compatible wireless dongle on the DM800 and its definitely connecting to the 'net,but I can't get my PC to talk to it.Any suggestions on other FTP programs or network/IP settings that might work??I've taken the IP addresses from the Network and Sharing Center on the Win7 desktop and none of them work!!ANY help would be very much appreciated.Cheers Chas.

deffc0n
24th March, 2010, 12:04 PM
Check in box ip adress and run TC and ftp login to DM.

radioham
24th March, 2010, 04:48 PM
Check in box ip adress and run TC and ftp login to DM.

Many thanks for reply,but what is TC??The problem is I can't log in to the box with any Ftp program.I've been trying all I know for the last three weeks and getting nowhere.The box says Wireless is in the green,Network is connected,and network is recognised with a very strong 54dbm signal and link is green.My network is recognised in WLAN status box but says signal is zero!!!What the hell do I believe???Even with firewall off and using a direct network cable(correct type) it still will not connect.ANY further suggestions would be very much appreciated,because I've run out of ideas!!!Cheers Chas.

deffc0n
24th March, 2010, 04:58 PM
TC is Total Commander check ip DM and login ftp in TC on lan or Wifi .

radioham
25th March, 2010, 09:53 PM

I've set the box in same range as PC ip,but not the same as the pc.ie PC is 86.22.11.149 and I've set the box to 86.22.11.105,the subnet mask is as shown on the PC ie 255.255.252.0.I've tried to log in using cuteFTP,iPSWITCH_ftp,and FileZilla,and still no go!!I've wasted so many hours on this that I'm seriously considering cutting my losses and binning the whole lot!!!Thanks again.Cheers Chas.

Have installed Total Commander and will give it a try,I'll let you know if successful!!!!!!!!!Cheers Chas.

Have installed Total Commander and will give it a try,I'll let you know if successful!!!!!!!!!Cheers Chas.

Have tried this program using the box ip 192.168.1.2 but still no connection using a direct network cable.I must be missing something somewhere.Probably a brain!!!Cheers Chas.

Have tried this program using the box ip 192.168.1.2 but still no connection using a direct network cable.I must be missing something somewhere.Probably a brain!!!Cheers Chas.

Thanks for all your help defconn,but I've had enough of this crap,I've binned it!!!!!!!!!!!Cheers Chas.