PDA

View Full Version : Fgtech Galletto v54 EDC15p+ MF400BT boot mode write fail

janptn
4th June, 2023, 08:32 PM
Hello i have trouble with a new file, it only egr off and checksum is valid from edc titanium. I twrite it on the car via obd. It works but after that my car doenst start. so i would like to write the file from before. This doesnt work. "Failed Wake Up"... So i go on table in boot mode. Pin 24 on eeprom bla bla... it works but i can only read, the file that i read is correct but write doesnt work. Read works all the time. I have two edc15p here with MF400BT, i can read all of them can read but not write. Have any an idea why i cant do this with my galletto?

I ordered an mpps, because i hear that this programmer love the edc15. But a solution to do that with my Galletto would be nice.

it is this clone https://de.aliexpress.com/item/4001282582330.html?spm=a2g0o.order_list.order_list _main.5.6a475c5fhHKGWs&gatewayAdapt=glo2deu

ceecdk
5th June, 2023, 10:33 AM
MPPS will do it in bootmode as generic EDC15.
If you have K-KL you can do it too with Galletto 1050<>1260.

janptn
5th June, 2023, 01:41 PM
The mpps came today, i can read like galletto, but cant write my original file. But when i read the file on the ecu and i write this it works. When i write the original file from car or any other file, it says "programming error". The same by the other edc15p+
Have you an idea? The Checksum is valid when i check in ecm titanium.

fudballer
5th June, 2023, 02:17 PM
That's very strange, did plenty of EDC15P+ with Kess V2, never had a single problem but i know Galletto killed me few of those, i heard also that MPPS is amazingly good with those but i never had that problem, after galletto killing me those ECU's i couln't write file even with boot pin, nothing would work

ceecdk
5th June, 2023, 02:23 PM
It's bad checksum.
Get ori. Tune in any program with auto checksum disabled. Do checksum with efisio, good winols etc and write with auto checksum disabled in Galletto/MPPS.

dpreprotechnik
5th June, 2023, 02:39 PM
If it refuses to communicate in boot, just desolder flash and program ori file or mod with cks corrected.

janptn
5th June, 2023, 04:14 PM
It's bad checksum.
Get ori. Tune in any program with auto checksum disabled. Do checksum with efisio, good winols etc and write with auto checksum disabled in Galletto/MPPS.

You mean i read the file from ecu and then i use the original file but without cksm and do cksm with efisio etc?

ceecdk
5th June, 2023, 04:42 PM
Yes, use your ori working and mod but always with auto checksum disabled, after do checksum with good util and write with auto checksum disabled.
Sometimes edc15p auto checksum from Gallo, MPPS, VAGSuite, ECM etc fail.

morgano
5th June, 2023, 11:01 PM
The problem is well known. Fgtech V48/v53/v54 does not know how to erase 29FxxxBT flash ic in bootmode, it only know 29FxxxBB sector layout and have proper applet to erase it before writiing.

Easy solution, use MPPS in Generic EDC15 bootmode. Other easy one, swap en your edc15p+ 29F400BT flash with 29F400BB and you will be able to read and write it in bootmode with the FGTECH.

janptn
6th June, 2023, 01:46 PM
The problem is well known. Fgtech V48/v53/v54 does not know how to erase 29FxxxBT flash ic in bootmode, it only know 29FxxxBB sector layout and have proper applet to erase it before writiing.

Easy solution, use MPPS in Generic EDC15 bootmode. Other easy one, swap en your edc15p+ 29F400BT flash with 29F400BB and you will be able to read and write it in bootmode with the FGTECH.

I can read and write in both fgtech v54 and mpps v21. But only can write the file from the flash that i read. No other. With right cksm or not.

I bought a XGecu t48 with an SOP44 Adapter. I do often things with microelectronic, i think its an good invest apart from the defective ecu. That deliver in the next days. I hope this works. But i think so

morgano
6th June, 2023, 02:42 PM
I can read and write in both fgtech v54 and mpps v21. But only can write the file from the flash that i read. No other. With right cksm or not.

I bought a XGecu t48 with an SOP44 Adapter. I do often things with microelectronic, i think its an good invest apart from the defective ecu. That deliver in the next days. I hope this works. But i think so

Not gonna argue, it is obvious you don’t know what you are doing, how or why.

Read again my post and think why you “can only write” what is already written on the flash. Good reading is also some flash ic datasheet and programming modes.

janptn
6th June, 2023, 04:18 PM
Not gonna argue, it is obvious you don’t know what you are doing, how or why.

Read again my post and think why you “can only write” what is already written on the flash. Good reading is also some flash ic datasheet and programming modes.

What do you think if I read all the time in bootmode, exactly about MPPS in generic EDC15 bootmode? This is your solution, but it's not a solution if that doesn't work. I can switch to generic EDC15 boot mode via MPPS 1000x more often, but that doesn't change the fact that it doesn't work with my adapter.

And unfortunately I don't have an AMD 29F400BB lying around in the corner to just swap out.

But thanks for your help so far.

k6rvalt
6th June, 2023, 06:41 PM
Hello i have trouble with a new file, it only egr off and checksum is valid from edc titanium. I twrite it on the car via obd. It works but after that my car doenst start. so i would like to write the file from before. This doesnt work. "Failed Wake Up"... So i go on table in boot mode. Pin 24 on eeprom bla bla... it works but i can only read, the file that i read is correct but write doesnt work. Read works all the time. I have two edc15p here with MF400BT, i can read all of them can read but not write. Have any an idea why i cant do this with my galletto?

I ordered an mpps, because i hear that this programmer love the edc15. But a solution to do that with my Galletto would be nice.

it is this clone https://de.aliexpress.com/item/4001282582330.html?spm=a2g0o.order_list.order_list _main.5.6a475c5fhHKGWs&gatewayAdapt=glo2deu
No't click "ECU DATA"
"Open file"
24pin connected. Power on +12, Relase pin 24 after voltage..
"Writing File"