PDA

View Full Version : Renault Megane key sync

yakoom
18th March, 2010, 02:39 PM
Hi, i'm new on this site. I have a renault megane and the keyfob has decided to not work the immobiliser and cetral locking. I have found the code to be able to start the car using the central locking button. Any clues on how to re-sync the keyfob again please?

cristec
18th March, 2010, 05:19 PM
Hi you do not say what year but this procedure is for 1996-2000 cars.
switch ignition off, press and hold dash lock button for longer than 5 seconds, doors should lock then unlock.
Within 10-15 seconds press the remote lock/unlock button twice (once on some models)
Doors should lock then unlock indicating sync complete.
If you have a second key do the same again.

HTH

racin-snake
18th March, 2010, 09:10 PM
also have a look at ir reciever on roof at the interior loght (domelight)
they get full of water and stop working
if its not an ir fob then ?

AdamDavidSzocs
19th March, 2010, 08:21 AM
If this is the IR remote, to resync, you first have to enter your 4 digit security code thru central locking button on dashboard.

Ignition on, press central locking until it starts flashing slowly.
Count first digit and release.
Press again, count second digit and release.
So on for the last two digits.
If you are done and code is right red led is lit and remains on.
Take the key out.
Press central locking on dash for a few secs, until locks cycle.
Hold remote close to receiver and press it's button 2-3 times.
If remote is accepted locks will cycle.
Done.

VTS_Tibi
13th April, 2011, 06:24 PM
I've tried both of the 2 methods above, but nothing happens when I press the central locking button.

The car is a Renault Megane Scenic 1.6 from 1998 with IR keys. There's a 5 digit code inside the key.

How can I resync this fob? - it starts the car, but it won't open the doors.

obdmaster
13th April, 2011, 07:18 PM
I've tried both of the 2 methods above, but nothing happens when I press the central locking button.

The car is a Renault Megane Scenic 1.6 from 1998 with IR keys. There's a 5 digit code inside the key.

How can I resync this fob? - it starts the car, but it won't open the doors.

Are you sure problem is key if vehicle starts??? If IR system usually this is immo also, have you tested key on IR tester???? If immo is switching off by IR key then no amount of re synchronising will get your central locking working m8.

Maybe vehicle has a problem with central locking?????

VTS_Tibi
14th April, 2011, 07:35 AM
yeah I know that if the car won't start you usually have to lock and unlock the doors with the key fob on these old Renaults

what is really weird, that the fob gives our IR signals (tested with a mobile phone) but it won't lock or unlock the car

but it starts it without a problem - although I tried starting the car after I've locked/unlocked the doors with the 1st. key fob which is faultless.

I'll will try to do it with the 2nd fob only and will see what happens ;)

foxtec800
14th April, 2011, 08:03 AM
old ir keys give out 2 signals ,, 1 for immo shutdown 1 for central locking command ,, suspect key faulty if immo turns off and central locking still inop, especialy if second key faultless

ishfaak
15th April, 2011, 08:53 PM
Description:

Renault Megane - BSI Unit
Box Contents:

Frequently Asked Questions
Central locking problem.
BBA can remanufacture your unit.

domel45
22nd April, 2011, 05:58 AM

From this 5 digits inside yhe key you must generate 4 digits PIN code to your car.

steven656
25th September, 2011, 06:01 PM
hi new to this site just wondering if any one can help i bought a 1999 renault scenic and have 2 keys for it both the red lights on the keys work but when i press them to lock unlock the car nothing happens and really want this problem fixed any suggestions i what i should try would be great thanks in advance
:itsme:

racin-snake
25th September, 2011, 06:22 PM
once again

MEGANE RF RESYNCHRONISING
Hold the remote control button down for longer than 10 seconds (until the red telltale
light on the key extinguishes) then press it again 3 times.
Check that the doors lock and unlock correctly.

MEGANE WITH EARLY REMOTE (LED SWITCHES OFF WHEN HOLDINGBUTTON DEPRESSED)
1. Ignition ON
2. Press and hold the central locking button for 5 seconds
3. LED on the dash board will go off, come back on and begin to flash.
The flashes correspond to the first digit of the 4 PIN security code- release
the button when the first digit has been "flashed" and then press
the button again.
4. Wait for the second digit to be "flashed" then release and re-press the
button - continue until all digits have been entered.
5. If you have entered the code correctly the LED will then go out and the
car can be started- to code the remote, switch off the ignition and
press the central locking button again.
6. Press remote button 2 times within the immediate vicinity of the pick
up (in the roof) On some vehicles you may need to switch the ignition
back on to achieve this however.

MEGANE RF RESYNCHRONISING
Hold the remote control button down for longer than 10 seconds (until the red telltale
light on the key extinguishes) then press it again 3 times.
Check that the doors lock and unlock correctly.

garryreed
25th September, 2011, 07:31 PM
i notice you have said that the code you are using is 5 digit from inside the key .... this is not the code you need if you go to bba reman website they have the code calculator on there i think its in the common failures section.

you then use the code from inside the key along with the oval plate number from in the drivers door shut ie ja0f and the calculator works out your pin code ... 4 digits !!! input as the instructions above ... can sumtimes take several attempts but keep trying it will work!!!! have done loads of these.

just one thing to point out this will only work for infra red system it will not work on radio frequency remotes.

easy way to check is get your mobile phone camera point the remote at it and press the button it should pick up the infra red on the screen

steven656
30th September, 2011, 06:23 PM
hello thank you for your reply on renault scenic key fob problem how do i find out the code i need to try and fix this problem ? when i have the ignition on and hold the inside central locking button down after about 5 seconds i hear an audible bleep wondered was this means also thankyou in advance for your help

davorOS
3rd October, 2011, 09:45 AM
hi

post 5 digit code starting wit S....

you will get 4 digit code

regards

steven656
8th October, 2011, 12:43 PM
hi thankyou i have looked inside my keys for the code and on the back of the chip there is some numbers and letters s108627bno and there is also a number on the front 99273 are any of these the numbers you wanted thanks again in advance steven.

steven656
8th October, 2011, 05:12 PM
any help please i need a code to resync my key fobs on renault scenic 1999 as they dont work the central locking anymore i have looked inside the keys and have found s108627bno on the board and 99273

AdamDavidSzocs
9th October, 2011, 02:23 PM
You should look for a 5 digit number in the plastic housing. This always starts with an S.
In case your remote is not IR but RF, turn ignition on and off, hold remote button until it stops flashing (about 10 seconds), than release and push button again 3 times.

steven656
11th October, 2011, 07:17 PM
hello and thanks for your advice my key fob is an RF i have 2 keys i have looked inside of them and the number i find on both is s108627bno so if i have to enter the 5 digit code lets say 10862 how can i enter the 0? and do i need to? any help would be great thanks again

garryreed
11th October, 2011, 09:16 PM
if your key is rf then the code doesnt work its only for infra red keys have you tried key ignition as described above?

steven656
11th October, 2011, 11:17 PM
ok thanks will try the key in ignition tomorrow and will reply if it works thanks again

steven656
12th October, 2011, 02:14 PM
tried what you said and it still refuses to work gona have to get someone to take a look at it but was still worth a try thankyou