PDA

View Full Version : 307 fault display

bigboots
18th March, 2010, 08:00 PM
hi all i have a 307 hdi.i no i have faults on the car.but nothing on the screen to tell me.could this have been turned off by anychance.i thought with the faults been with exhaust and additive ecu it would display antipoll or additive ect,but it dosent.any help. i have access to pp2000.

Meat-Head
18th March, 2010, 08:10 PM
RETARDED question, but what radio does it have?

bigboots
18th March, 2010, 08:50 PM
the 1 it had from new. it used to be ok but it dont now.it went to a garage for anti polution light and it never says fault at all now just woundered if they turned it off anyway

nutloose
18th March, 2010, 09:22 PM
what are the faults with the car?
not all faults set the "money light" or "expensive texts"
Are you 100% positive that it has an additive tank and PEF?

pollution faults on cars without PEF are usually airflow or egr related

you can turn off the radio display etc but I don't think you can elect to have pollution faults or safety faults ignored by the display controller

bigboots
18th March, 2010, 09:33 PM
i have had an additive ecu failure.low additive and a downstream sensor now.non of them trigered the display. well confused now.ps.i have replaced the additive ecu and refilled it.and reset the counters...

thx

nutloose
18th March, 2010, 09:57 PM
OK, what faults are permanent and stored?
or what makes you sure there are unreported/displayed faults?

bigboots
19th March, 2010, 05:48 PM
when i got the car i checked how much additive was in the tank and it was just below half.when i checked the other week it was empty,and no light or nothing to say min.and when i checked the system refilled and reset,a few days later i pluged it in to pp2000 and the additive ecu was not found.so i replaced it and now i have a cat downstream sensor short circuit now at present and still nothing displayed.????.and another question is when i put additive ecu in and had to configure it manualy,it asked engine type what should i have put it there??? its only allows 3 digits oe letters.would that be hdi.or my vin letters rhs?

Ashraf6119
19th March, 2010, 11:17 PM
Hi

Have you checked if there are NO any blown Fuses for the Dash.

Ash

nutloose
21st March, 2010, 09:46 PM
"C - ELECTRICAL FEATURES
Warning: The electrical information provided by the downstream temperature sensor is transmitted by wire to the additive ECU and sent to the injection ECU via the multiplexed networks." (EDC15c HDI+PEF)

short to ground ?

The engine type would be RHS

bigboots
21st March, 2010, 10:01 PM
"C - ELECTRICAL FEATURES
Warning: The electrical information provided by the downstream temperature sensor is transmitted by wire to the additive ECU and sent to the injection ECU via the multiplexed networks." (EDC15c HDI+PEF)

short to ground ?

The engine type would be RHS

yes its short to earth,and yes rhs.dose that mean it need a new one.???or just somethig with the wireing? i lokked to day the wire goes to the back of the engine do you no how far up or the easiet way to get to it (top or underneth?) thanks

nutloose
22nd March, 2010, 10:36 PM
I would swap the two sensors (for each other) and see if the fault moved before I got lost in the detail

Meat-Head
22nd March, 2010, 10:45 PM
I would swap the two sensors (for each other) and see if the fault moved before I got lost in the detail

and/or just unplug them one at a time.

bigboots
23rd March, 2010, 11:29 PM
just bought a new one its diffrent to the front one this is a probe type.

but its saying intermitted fault short to positive or open circuit