PDA

View Full Version : CAS3 Corrupt eeprom

DeLuXe
10th June, 2023, 10:32 PM
Hi,

I have a BMW 320D with corrupt cas3 eeprom.
I have tried little bit to solve this one myself (without reading ecu isn & without making new cas eeprom file, new keys etc).

I need help reparing the eeprom of CAS if is possible?

Attached files are EEPROM + FLASH + LABEL of CAS and Dash eeprom.

Thanks for the help!

Best regards
DeLuXe

kiszka
10th June, 2023, 10:52 PM
Hi,

I have a BMW 320D with corrupt cas3 eeprom.
I have tried little bit to solve this one myself (without reading ecu isn & without making new cas eeprom file, new keys etc).

I need help reparing the eeprom of CAS if is possible?

Attached files are EEPROM + FLASH + LABEL of CAS and Dash eeprom.

Thanks for the help!

Best regards
DeLuXe
I don't know what you wanted to read but it's definitely not the CAS eeprom read

DeLuXe
10th June, 2023, 10:55 PM
Hello friend,

Well i have read CAS eeprom a million times and this one was corrupt because it showed as -1km and the data does either have ISN, keys or anything so something went wrong
abviously.. Also this cas has been touched before because the soldering job was terrorible. But yeah its just a question if anyone have "special" tool to repair if even given ISN from ecu and KEY ID. Instead of writing new eeprom that have correct isn and code new keys/renewed keys.

Thanks

Best regards,
DeLuXe

kiszka
10th June, 2023, 11:00 PM
Hello friend,

Well i have read CAS eeprom a million times and this one was corrupt because it showed as -1km and the data does either have ISN, keys or anything so something went wrong
abviously.. Also this cas has been touched before because the soldering job was terrorible. But yeah its just a question if anyone have "special" tool to repair if even given ISN from ecu and KEY ID. Instead of writing new eeprom that have correct isn and code new keys/renewed keys.

Thanks

Best regards,
DeLuXe
it's not repairable, either you read a different cpu location or you destroyed the eeprom completely yourself, this is a pile of garbage

this eeprom is bad, I found the first eeprom from the shore, I'm giving you an overview of what the reading should look like
https://mega.nz/file/9nRm2BQR#KUWNjf8gu_VsO9LfWTzELLjVCO1Rz_KSxaWg7Yif3 7k

DeLuXe
10th June, 2023, 11:19 PM
Yeah i think only "repair" is to write a new eeprom and ofcourse fix the corrupt flash, and code new keys :)
No big issue, been there done that several times :D

Thanks kiszka (https://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/member.php/69387-kiszka)

Best regards,
DeLuXe

kiszka
10th June, 2023, 11:26 PM
Yeah i think only "repair" is to write a new eeprom and ofcourse fix the corrupt flash, and code new keys :)
No big issue, been there done that several times :D

Thanks kiszka (https://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/member.php/69387-kiszka)

Best regards,
DeLuXe
Yes, just a fresh copy of CAS and learning remains, I know you've done it many times and it's not a problem for you
Regards