PDA

View Full Version : BMW F21 Engine Start fault Press the start button

conbee70
20th June, 2023, 09:52 AM
Hi Everyone. I have a 2013 BMW F21 1.6i manual Transmission that had an incorrect FEM Fitted. The original FEM went bad they bought one from a completely different car fitted it expecting it to work after it didn't they sold the car to my customer as is.

I was able to get the correct Fem part number from vin of car then flash, coded and programmed a new key to car. However I have an error on dash "Engine Start fault Press the start button" see attached photo. Central locking works battery seems ok. Only one Fault code in DME " 1BC112 - Zero-gear sensor, electrical: Short circuit to B+"
There are 5 minor faults in FEM pertaining to window regulators which isn't serious these just need coding.

I had a spare FEM from a later 3 series auto transmission in my van so I flashed and coded this one to car and the ignition comes on I have to press brake to start car. It started but steering lock stays engaged. Any ideas? Possible steering lock fault? No errors found pertaining to ELV. Anyone have any experience with this.

nenadbn
20th June, 2023, 03:49 PM
+15 mising for elv

conbee70
22nd June, 2023, 01:44 PM
+15 mising for elv

Thank you for your input but what are you referring to when you say +15 missing for ELV? Regards.