PDA

View Full Version : Golf 5 EDC16U1 Egr off

fudballer
20th June, 2023, 10:26 AM
Hello guys, i had problem with this Golf that engine died and we swapped the engine but we didnt have new ECU so i downloaded map from internet and writed to another new ECU and engine is working perfectly but Engine does not have EGR and now i have MIL ON because of the EGR when i put it on DaVinchi or other programs it says that EGR is off so probably someone on this map did something i had DTC P0403 and i disabled that code in map writed and put Ecu inside the car but again same error P0403 but different name now and i can't fix it, can someone please help me fix inside map this EGR without plug because Engine does not have EGR, thank you everyone soo much

Johnsy1998
20th June, 2023, 10:42 AM
Try this, let me know :)

fudballer
20th June, 2023, 06:09 PM
Guys still same DTC P0403 for EGR even tho that DTC is deleted in the map, i don't know how is this possible

morgano
20th June, 2023, 06:32 PM
P0403 is electrical damage on the EGR or it is disconnected from the harness.

I would try EGR OFF This way and see if P0403 is gone.

Regards,

Klaudas1331
20th June, 2023, 09:44 PM
I think your problem is that you're writing obd file that was read with Kess as an example and now you're trying to write the file using mpps or vice versa, I have encountered this problem, I don't know why, but it also triggered the EGR to be turned back on and I was getting the same error. What tool are you using? Try searching for obd file that was read with the exact tool you have, for example mpps obd read file.

morgano
20th June, 2023, 11:57 PM
EDC16U1 Spits full flash read over OBD, no matter the tool.

fudballer
21st June, 2023, 02:10 AM
Hello guys, not at all, i read and write with ktag over BDM, i will give a try now Morganos file

fudballer
21st June, 2023, 02:32 AM
Hello guys, i just tried Morganos file and his file did indeed delete P0403 dtc and now there is no DTC but Engine light is still on what is now happening, is there any way i can trick engine that there is egr connected or something?

Luigi84
21st June, 2023, 01:09 PM
Golf 5 EDC16U1 Egr off (https://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/showthread.php/1030210-Golf-5-EDC16U1-Egr-off)

fudballer
21st June, 2023, 03:58 PM
Thank you everyone soo much for trying to help me but unfortunetly nothing works, DTC P0403 is deleted indeed but Engine Light MIL is on, I'm giving up on this i guess it's not possible because on this car EGR is Vacum not electrical, plug is connected to electro magnetic valve but always DTC P0403 and with your files no DTC's but like i said Engine Light on. Thank you again soo much everyone you are the best, and customer was really dissrespectful so its even better that we didn't manage to solve this problem again thank you everyone soo much