PDA

View Full Version : VW Polo 2002 Hatch Instruments Cluster Pinout Request For Cluster Swap

voboyoy606
22nd June, 2023, 11:26 AM
Hi all,

I am looking for details of the pinout for my car's instruments cluster. Ideally including ground, +12V, CAN low/high, and K-Line.

The reason I am after this info is so I can read the EEPROM of the original and cluster and write it to a used cluster. The original's fuel gauge does not work. Once I connect the new one, the fuel gauge works although of course the immobiliser kicks in until the original cluster is connected.

I have a VAG K+Can Commander 1.4 and the software that came with the CD. I do not want to directly connect to my car for fear of bricking it. I have soldered some cables to the VAG connector, so now I just need to find the correct pins on the cluster.

Hope someone can help! If anyone knows why this might not work, let me know - thanks! :)

Edit:

So I found some pinout here (https://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/showthread.php/294222-All-VW-Polo-Dash-Pinouts). For my VW Polo 2002 Hatch, I needed 9N1 Polo 2002-2005.pdf (although it wasn't an exact match). As these posts tend to get referenced long after the original files are gone, here is my current setup:
* From the VAG K+CAN Commander OBD2 connector, connect:
-> Pin 4 (chassis ground) to pin 32 (ground) of the 32 pin connector on the cluster.
-> Pin 16 (vehicle battery positive +12v) to pin 5 of the 8 pin black connector on the cluster.
-> Use a power supply to introduce +12v (2AMP in my case, although I am sure less is fine). Of course, connect ground to ground, and +12v to the +12v pins. A breadboard helps.

For my cluster, I do not appear to have K-Line only CAN low/high. How can I read/write the EEPROM of my cluster?

Kevinfw
25th August, 2023, 07:38 PM
Hi
Did you get a solution for this?