PDA

View Full Version : Audi MED 17.1 Questions

misterdray
23rd June, 2023, 05:42 PM
I have a few questions regarding an Audi MED 17.1 ECU.
I have used a Kessv2 v5.017 to do a clone onto another ECU with same part number software version etc in boot mode.

When doing an ID after an ECU Data the software pulls it up as a MED 17.1.1 which ok that's fine. I do. Backup Read on both ECU's then do a Write Clone onto the 2nd ECU. After the Write Clone, Everything matches up when doing an ID including vin number.
I proceed to do a compare of both files in a hex editor just to see anything and the donor ECU has a few more lines that are not on the original ECU.

I'm not 100% sure how to read the dumps yet but I wanted to know maybe if anyone knew what the extra lines of hex may have been?
I'm also curious since it cloned the ECU and copied vin over does it also do the immo data? I understand kess doesn't split the files up like a ktag would but given the Write Clone option in ksuite I'm assuming it made an exact clone with all information.
I have not tested the ECU out just yet as the vehicle is not where I am located and will be testing it tommorow but I wanted to get some insight on those before I do test it.

I can post the two dumps later on if needed so I can possibly get better clarification.

If immo data didn't copy over do I need to get a ktag to get seperate files for immo even though that information on these ECU's is OTP?

Just to let you know I was only able to do this in ksuite 2.53 as ksuite 2.80 would not recognize ECU at all which I think has to do with the kessv2 clone.

PDXAutoworks
25th June, 2023, 05:19 PM
You can not directly clone that ecu. Immo data must be transferred. If you post here your original and donor readings (all files separately), someone can prepare the new files with immo data transfered so you can write to the donor ecu.

Brown012
29th June, 2023, 06:52 PM
i think kess read flash not eep dont know if emulated in processor

misterdray
30th June, 2023, 03:35 AM
Yes I figured that out. Thank you. I ran into a problem. Ktag was able to read one ECU and the other ECU I keep getting a communication error.

misterdray
30th June, 2023, 03:37 AM
You can not directly clone that ecu. Immo data must be transferred. If you post here your original and donor readings (all files separately), someone can prepare the new files with immo data transfered so you can write to the donor ecu.

You are correct. I have a Ktag but it was only able to read from donor ECU. Main ECU will not read and keeps giving communication error, but works fine installed in car.

misterdray
30th June, 2023, 03:37 AM
i think kess read flash not eep dont know if emulated in processor
You are correct. I have a Ktag but it was only able to read from donor ECU. Main ECU will not read and keeps giving communication error, but works fine installed in car.