PDA

View Full Version : no more free t.v?

IAN LEVER
19th March, 2010, 08:23 PM
So is this the beginning of the end for us Arnet box users??
is vm going throughout the country region by region issuing new cards hitting us with n3 thus making the box useless? or do we have faith in our fellow users and work to the maxim that "what man does, man can undoes" i await your comments with interest.

marshallar
19th March, 2010, 09:15 PM
Nagravision - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nagravision)

nagravision 3 has been around for several years - sky have been using it successfully (for them) and it has never been compromised. It is used extensively across europe and never been hacked, so we have very little chance. The worrying thing is, there is yet a higher level of nagravision waiting in the wings should it be needed

jumpinjo
19th March, 2010, 09:33 PM
So is this the beginning of the end for us Arnet box users??

no m8 like winston said this is the end of the beginning ;)

Fergal
19th March, 2010, 09:49 PM
Nagravision - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nagravision)

nagravision 3 has been around for several years - sky have been using it successfully (for them) and it has never been compromised. It is used extensively across europe and never been hacked, so we have very little chance. The worrying thing is, there is yet a higher level of nagravision waiting in the wings should it be needed
Sky dont use nagravision security the use nds which is acompletley different security system.

marshallar
19th March, 2010, 10:59 PM
Sky dont use nagravision security the use nds which is acompletley different security system.

not completely different as nds was developed after nds hacked nagravision to develop their own encryption, intent on eliminating competition. Nagravision had flaws which nds resolved in their own method, but sharing similar algorithms, nds has evolved from nagravision

Fergal
19th March, 2010, 11:08 PM
You said sky use n3 which it does not thats all i was pointing out.

marshallar
19th March, 2010, 11:21 PM
You said sky use n3 which it does not thats all i was pointing out.

you are quite right, and i apologise for misleading. I was trying to keep it simple, and since nds evolved from nagravision, they are very closely "related"

marshallar
19th March, 2010, 11:26 PM
I did read somewhere, that nds has in fact been hacked, and that the hackers have been very substantially paid for their silence. This could suggest that there is a very faint glimmer of light - if it has been done once, it could be repeated

dogsdinner
20th March, 2010, 11:00 PM
it is all over mate,we are now down to a few weeks tops before the dreaded black screens strike,my understanding is the network is now ready and Virgin will be pushing on with card issuing and it will all be wrapped up by June,that dosent mean all of us will get until June it means it will be all over by then,areas will be falling like dominos in the mean time.

my advice would be start looking for a good deal now whilst they are still vailable,i myself have just secured a great deal thanks to one of the lads on this forum,if you have to pay then try and pay as little as you can.

marshallar
21st March, 2010, 01:57 PM
blackout just before world cup then

jumpinjo
21st March, 2010, 02:00 PM
blackout just before world cup then

no blackout for some ;)

marshallar
21st March, 2010, 02:04 PM
no blackout for all ;)

................................. :questionmark:

c/sharing? satellite?

cactikid
21st March, 2010, 02:11 PM
tall ladders looking at neighbours tv,cheaper than cheap,lip reading a bit a chore lol

jumpinjo
21st March, 2010, 02:14 PM
tall ladders looking at neighbours tv,

looks better on your own bud :)

bitchmonkey
25th March, 2010, 08:08 PM
i still have sports channels and some of the premium kids ones. has anyone got the same and rescanned? does this work, i dont want to lose the few i have

neon2705
26th March, 2010, 01:22 AM
looks better on your own bud :)

Nice on mine :)

jumpinjo
26th March, 2010, 10:41 AM
Nice on mine :)

your up late steve lol

fredmeek
26th March, 2010, 05:37 PM
Until Monday 22nd March my DW800 box was working perfectly then a number of channels dispalyed "Scrambled Program". I have rescanned several times over the last 48 hours but it has made no difference. I have lost all of the HD channels and the Sky Movie channels and such channels as Hallmark, ESPN and Living+2, Living+1 (strangely enough I can still get LIVING).
I live in the Brighton area.

HoTTDubbER
26th March, 2010, 05:49 PM

sorry pal the guy was correct sky do use nagravison 3
not sky uk or sky itallia but sky have nagravision 3 implemented in Germany

take a look for yourself
http://www.nagravision.com/customers.php

http://www.sky.de/web/cms/de/index.jsp

Fergal
26th March, 2010, 06:19 PM
sorry pal the guy was correct sky do use nagravison 3
not sky uk or sky itallia but sky have nagravision 3 implemented in Germany

take a look for yourself
NAGRAVISION | Customers > Customers (http://www.nagravision.com/customers.php)

Sky | Fu?ball, Bundesliga live, Sport und die besten Filme im TV - auch in HD | sky.de (http://www.sky.de/web/cms/de/index.jsp)
Sky dont use nagra3 it does not belong to them
sky took over premier broadcasting in Germany which had already signed a binding contract to use nagra3 which is owned by Kudelski as there encryption system which they cant get out of
thats is the only reason Sky.de (premier) is running nagra3 if you look here
http://www.lyngsat.com/packages/skydeutschland.html
you will see they are running videoguard (nds) there encrytion system along side it and as soon as the contract expires with Kudelski they will drop nagra3.

HoTTDubbER
26th March, 2010, 06:22 PM
Sky dont use nagra3 it does not belong to them
sky took over premier broadcasting in Germany which had already signed a binding contract with Kludeski to use there system (nagra3) as there encryption system thats is the only reason Sky.de (premier) is using nagra3 if you look here
http://www.lyngsat.com/packages/skydeutschland.html
you will see they are running videoguard (nds) there encrytion system along side it and as soon as the contract expires they will drop nagra3.

fully aware of all that simplaly stating the fact that nag 3 is active on sky tv channels

you cant say on a forum they dont use it when at the moment there channels are and have been for the past year secured by nag 3 .... its bad and incorrect info

Fergal
26th March, 2010, 06:38 PM
If you take the time to re read what marshallar said in post 2 he was implying that sky have been using nagravision as there encryption system

I pointed out they do not they have there own nds

So i was not giving bad or correct info i was giving the correct information to his post.

Edit

fully aware of all that simplaly stating the fact that nag 3 is active on sky tv channels

I never said it was not active on sky channels i said sky dont use nagra3 as there encryption system

HoTTDubbER
26th March, 2010, 06:48 PM
If you take the time to re read what marshallar said in post 2 he was implying that sky have been using nagravision as there encryption system

I pointed out they do not they have there own nds

So i was not giving bad or correct info i was giving the correct information to his post.

i took the time to read the post i didn't mention any of that, that had no interest to me i am just stating that sky tv channels in germany are secured by N3 ... only point i am making you corrected him i am correcting you with the "sky dont use N3" nothing more
its important for people to have genuine and correct info
not here to bitch and fight with you just passing on correct info dont take this personally like i sense that you are , that's all i have to say wont be posting again much more interesting active topics right now than this ....see you in a future thread lol

Fergal
26th March, 2010, 07:44 PM
i took the time to read the post i didn't mention any of that, that had no interest to me i am just stating that sky tv channels in germany are secured by N3 ... only point i am making you corrected him i am correcting you with the "sky dont use N3" nothing more
its important for people to have genuine and correct info
not here to bitch and fight with you just passing on correct info dont take this personally like i sense that you are , that's all i have to say wont be posting again much more interesting active topics right now than this ....see you in a future thread lol
How can you say what he posted does not interest you when your initial post was a response to what i had replyed with to his statment

Again i said "Sky dont use nagravision security they use nds which is a completley different security system"
which i will try to explain what i ment,
if you get a sky card what security encryption system will you find they USE on it
Answer NDS

i never said that they did not have n3 running separately along side there's did i

So again the info i initially gave was genuine and correct

why would i take anything you say personally when its obvious you are just splitting hairs:ciao:

the_driffer
26th March, 2010, 08:05 PM
does it matter who uses what all you need to know is none off them will be dumped publicy anyway

as for both they can be c/s only diff is from s*y and n3 is
s*y only need the boxkey for premier channels
where n3 needs the rsa keys are sk to watch any pay channels.

kassjazz
26th March, 2010, 08:33 PM
Mine started going a few channels at a time about a week ago, this morning- total blackout, can't get anything even after rescanning several times

stoneringers
26th March, 2010, 08:47 PM
as for both they can be c/s only diff is from s*y and n3 is
s*y only need the boxkey for premier channels
where n3 needs the rsa keys are sk to watch any pay channels.

Are you saying that c/s is actually been carried out on N3?

jumpinjo
26th March, 2010, 09:30 PM
Are you saying that c/s is actually been carried out on N3?

what do you think ;)

stoneringers
28th March, 2010, 09:22 PM
what do you think ;)

I don't believe it is

jumpinjo
28th March, 2010, 10:13 PM
I don't believe it is

dont bet on it as you would deffo lose