PDA

View Full Version : router password help!

ranger
19th March, 2010, 11:04 PM
hi can anybody , tell me how to find out my router password? im trying to login to the server, but its asking for user name and password, but i dont have on and have never made one,, the model is netopia cayman 3300. i have looked on line at lots of sites but with no luck . any help or advice would be welcome. thanks for your time and help ... ranger.

Curious123
19th March, 2010, 11:10 PM
hi can anybody , tell me how to find out my router password? im trying to login to the server, but its asking for user name and password, but i dont have on and have never made one,, the model is netopia cayman 3300. i have looked on line at lots of sites but with no luck . any help or advice would be welcome. thanks for your time and help ... ranger.

Have you tried the reset button?

Netopia - Lost Password - Resetting to Factory Defaults - CQG_102 (http://www.netopia.com/support/hardware/technotes/CQG_102.html#3300)

angus1972
26th March, 2010, 02:37 PM
Sometimes the password is printed on the label on the router along with the IP address of the router.

On mine which is netgear it has

password : admin
IP address : 192.168.1.1

damien2007
5th May, 2010, 08:19 PM
turn the router upsidedown and check the label
sometimes it printed underneath

MADMARX
6th May, 2010, 04:03 PM
Well most routers have default passwords, you can always try username: admin password: admin or username: admin password: password. hope it helps....

compass
2nd June, 2010, 11:04 AM
Most of the default user ID and password can be find from this link.

Default Admin Username and Password list (http://www.anameless.com/blog/default-passwords.html)

If cannot fine. Faster way is to reset the router...

sandancer
18th July, 2010, 08:20 AM
if you have the user manual it will tell you the default pass it is normaly 0000 but the manual will tell u dont panic mr mannering:smokin:

cholac
22nd July, 2010, 05:08 AM
thanks for sharing

starsky
13th August, 2010, 01:35 PM
admin/admin
root/admin
admin/administrator
admin/1234 or 12345