PDA

View Full Version : Mercedes W205 CRD3PLUS.A0 update went wrong

Kayhan 17#
4th July, 2023, 10:31 PM
Hey guys,

I did something very stupid, I tried to update CRD3PLUS.A0 ECU with my PRODIAG because it updated all ecus until yet without problems.
As always dont trust updating any ECU or TCUs, it started flash procedure but then the ECU died.
What I did was to get a Bench read which I posted here in the attachment where I hope someone can repair myfile or provide matching file if there is no virtual eeprom at least.

I also tried to find a donor flash and put it on the ECU but car does not start (at least shows no DTCS but whole car is full of comms errors), what the car even does now is that it even doesnt turn off the ignition where I had to remove battery.

What options do I have, virginise ECU and relearn online?
Can I do it without Xentry maybe with my PRODIAG or FVDI?
Is it possible to repair ECU by getting a donor flash?

ECU Label:
FV 12.28
HW 12.04
PD 14M09
A6519004500
A6519004000
CRD3PLUS.A0 OM651 - SOL

Best Regards
kaya

deville90
5th July, 2023, 07:29 PM
Hi,
I don't have good information for you. This ECU in this model its a FBS4 system and virgin is not posibble. The same backup from the donor etc. Please tell me do you have comunication with this unit via OBD? Very important question is, do you have saving oryginal data about MB software number, bootloader and hardware number? If you have I can help you. I have another one method on the table but its very complicated and not cheep, so please give me a sign :)

Kayhan 17#
5th July, 2023, 11:53 PM
I flashed files via Monaco and I got DTC P0513 Start Authorization not enabled.
After playing around in EZS, that error from ECU is gone, before anyone asks why I play around, because I see that EZS coding is gone and thats why everything is lit in dashboard + errors.

How can I get correct coding on EZS, only Online?

deville90
6th July, 2023, 07:13 AM
Which module did you flash CDI or EZS? If you only programmed the CDI then you shouldn't touch the EZS. Whats you see in data stream in EZS? Do you have DTC coding not correctly?
If you want SCN coding, you can do that only online or before job, you should create a scn backup. I think that DTC P0513 comming soon quickly because you lost FBS data in ECU. If you saved the MB software number from CDI you can flash again with correctly software via DTS and car will start again.

Kayhan 17#
6th July, 2023, 07:22 AM
I only tried to program CDI but i dont know what launch did in the background, for me, it looks like EZS coding is invalid as right after CDI flash attempt all the error messages appeared in the dashboard, car does not turn ignition off when key is removed and doors are closed.

I add DTC readouts before I play around in EZS and after.

deville90
6th July, 2023, 07:54 AM
You have problem only in CDI because you used wrong software and CAN Powertrain is off now. CDI don't see now SCR unit, EZS unit, ES unit dont have information from CDI etc..
I think you have 2 options:
1 - Do it initial startup via xentry online, flash and scn
Or
2 - Download the correct software file and flash CDI via DTS monaco after access permision

Why you don't making a backup flash and scn before start the job?

Kayhan 17#
6th July, 2023, 09:53 AM
Launch does backup coding of cdi, as you see in the screenshot it also shows me the software numbers which i have flashed, thats it.
I did not touch anything else but i have the other errors.

As for adblue, those two errors where the reason why i thought i update the ecu before i attempt a adblue deletion.

Edit: you mean cdi coding is invalid? I have that backup and will try to recode, but i must admit that i had a look on cdi and it was configured and looked fine, i didnt touch it.

Edit2: it still doesnt make sense for me, folding mirrors dead, ignition doesnt turn off even if key removed and doors closed

deville90
6th July, 2023, 03:20 PM
Omg..Too complicated a car and too simple a device. You said that you use DTS to flash and you use Launch... This device cannot program this ECU because checksum are not corrected... Download the software and upload it DTS and the car will work fine...
Normally programming online of this ECU also results in a software change in the PTCU TC SCR etc.. and that is the problem.. Now is all clear for you?

There was no need to program the engine for adblu, it was enough to undo the message and execute the SCN itself

If you cannot do that take the car to workshop with online access and forget about problem.

Kayhan 17#
6th July, 2023, 03:35 PM
I said i reflashed with Monaco yesterday, according to you the car should start and it does not.
Just read what i write:

Car got bad flashed with launch two days ago
Car was reflashed yesterday with monaco
If there is a software change, then tell me what needs to be flashed and i do it, dealer is the last thing i will do.

Kayhan 17#
10th July, 2023, 09:25 PM
Coded EZS codings from another car(backuped and restored on this one), almost all errors are gone now beside of rooftop error which this car does not have it.

I only need to fix the drive authorization now.

Kayhan 17#
11th July, 2023, 03:09 AM
Hey all,

Car starts again! ��

Here is what I did for other people

First I killed ECU with Launch flash update procedure

Did Bench read, its the posted file in this Thread

After Full Read i flashed donor flash from forums and car did not start

Reflashed with Monaco and still no start

Did another Bench and could see that 2 bytes have changed in the eeprom with donor flash

Played around with EZS and got rid of a few errors in the dashboard

Got another c class car and dumped its ezs coding

Today i did another approach on midday and put coding of other c class on this car, a lot of errors disappeared but still no start and no start authorization.

I started second approach at late night and got car running.

Connected on bench, flashed eeprom, no start

Flashed with Monaco, no start

Did full read

I then decided to flash first fulldump posted also in this thread, of course no start

Reflashed with monaco and car started on first turn

Put back ori ezs coding

Car starts fine.