PDA

View Full Version : New Xbox 360 NXE available early

.: JaCkPoT :.
1st November, 2008, 01:37 PM
I found a way to get the new dashboard early, but it means no using xbox live until the dashboard gets officially released on the nineteenth. Here is the link that i found on CMTS.INFO (http://cmts.info/news.php?readmore=33)(My brother's site). Please use this at your own risk, though it has been tested and found to be legitimate. There are also some instructions on that site.

Here is the direct link if you KNOW what you're doing.

http://rapidshare.com/files/159421564/_SystemUpdate.rar

All the best,
:fight:

pacman362
1st November, 2008, 03:10 PM
Here you go confirmed working on my 360 follow the simple instruction after you unrar it.

1st November, 2008, 03:33 PM
By the way my brother found out about it and told me to post here so hopefully df doesnt mind.

1st November, 2008, 03:34 PM
By the way my brother found out about it and told me to post here so hopefully df doesnt mind. And my brother has tried it too and it is fully working without xbox live as i mentioned above.

2nd November, 2008, 01:46 PM
If any1 comes across any problems please post here.

SIR SKATe
15th November, 2008, 02:57 AM
Thanks 4 This hope it works.

jake1970
23rd November, 2008, 05:49 PM
yer ive had problems with the new update i got banned about the 12th of this month so i thought might aswell do the update early as i couldnt go on live anyway and dont really use live , updated fine but after the update i can no longer play any of my films ,i usually stream the media from pc to 360 with tversity but now it dosnt recognize my films and says i need to do a media update on live (which i cant cause im banned ) if anyone has any ideas please either post or pm me this is very frustrating as my son always watches his films through the 360

dowlinr
23rd November, 2008, 08:42 PM
yer ive had problems with the new update i got banned about the 12th of this month so i thought might aswell do the update early as i couldnt go on live anyway and dont really use live , updated fine but after the update i can no longer play any of my films ,i usually stream the media from pc to 360 with tversity but now it dosnt recognize my films and says i need to do a media update on live (which i cant cause im banned ) if anyone has any ideas please either post or pm me this is very frustrating as my son always watches his films through the 360

The final update is here:
RapidShare: Easy Filehosting (http://rs516.rapidshare.com/files/164876770/SystemUpdate.2.0.7357.0.rar)

It includes avatars but not sure if it includes the video codecs. Worth a go, it can't be any worse than what you've got on there already.

jake1970
23rd November, 2008, 08:51 PM
many thanks ill give it a go

jake1970
23rd November, 2008, 08:57 PM
if this dosnt work with the video codecs,do you think microsoft will be posting a download on thier site in the near future like they did with the 2007 dashboard ? and if they do do you think that will have the codecs ?

dowlinr
24th November, 2008, 06:19 PM
if this dosnt work with the video codecs,do you think microsoft will be posting a download on thier site in the near future like they did with the 2007 dashboard ? and if they do do you think that will have the codecs ?

did it work?

jake1970
24th November, 2008, 06:43 PM
no still no codecs oh well ill have to wait till microsoft release it for people with no broadband im sure that will have the codecs in

dowlinr
24th November, 2008, 07:38 PM
Try phoning them and telling them you don't have broadband. Obviously if you haven't got a spare xbox to get a serial off then they'll just say you're banned and tough luck.

jake1970
24th November, 2008, 07:42 PM
what do you reckon i should say to them that i got the update from somewhere ie a friend and its got no codecs or just say i want to find out when the update will be available for people with out broadband