PDA

View Full Version : Speed up Cydia by removing adverts!

biffo1
21st March, 2010, 08:20 PM
Instead of loading the entire package information, it simply loads the description, which is all I need to know about the package I'm looking at.

To do this:

Create a backup copy of /Applications/Cydia.app/package.js and copy it to your PC/Mac using a file transfer method (SCP for example).

Open it up, find the line that reads (it's on line number 208 of the file):
var depiction = package.depiction;

Change it to:
var depiction = null;

Save package.js and upload it to your iPhone in /Applications/Cydia.app/, over-writing the old one.

Restart Cydia, load up a package, and enjoy the increased loading speed!

If you don't like it, you can do the reverse of what I have said here, or simply copy over your backup copy of package.js

Let me know what you guys think! :hooray:

EDIT:
You can also use iFile to do all of this right on your iPhone if you have it installed, just make sure you create a backup of the package.js before you edit it!

ianmac
22nd March, 2010, 11:01 PM
Thanx Biffo, that's much faster loading of the details..

I was not sure @ first, coz I did not read your post correctly the first time & thought you meant the initial "loading data" screan when you run Cydia, coz that still takes forever... (think I will have to take off some sources)

--- Ian ---

biffo1
23rd March, 2010, 10:35 PM
Thanx Biffo, that's much faster loading of the details..

I was not sure @ first, coz I did not read your post correctly the first time & thought you meant the initial "loading data" screan when you run Cydia, coz that still takes forever... (think I will have to take off some sources)

--- Ian ---

hi mate to speed up and to stop cydia refreshing u need NOCYRESH that will speed up cyia loading , if u search within your cydia u should find it if not add this source http://repo.beyouriphone.com/, also search if u havent already got sbsettings from the bigboss repo any problems mate gime me a shout

ianmac
23rd March, 2010, 10:55 PM
hi mate to speed up and to stop cydia refreshing u need NOCYRESH that will speed up cyia loading , if u search within your cydia u should find it if not add this source http://repo.beyouriphone.com/, also search if u havent already got sbsettings from the bigboss repo any problems mate gime me a shout

Thanx Biffo, I have got beyouriphone source & sbsettings on my iphone & just done a search for "NoCyfresh" & found 2 versions of it.

Hmmm, noy sure which one to install coz 1 says:
"from ModMyi (SBSettings Addons)" version2.0, & the other says:
"from BeYouriPhone (BeYoIP Apps)" Version 1.0.3.

Thanx - Ian

biffo1
23rd March, 2010, 11:31 PM
choose beyour iphone , i only say that mate as that version works ok with sbsettings when install repring then nocyfresh will appear on the sbsettings dock then press on the icon

ianmac
25th March, 2010, 11:53 AM
Yes, that seems to work great, been playing with that over the last few days & it did not update Cydia + loaded very fast & in the changes, it had "New @ 23 March"..

Then the big test was I was not sure whether to turn off the noCyFresh in SBSettings first & get latest updates or just to press the Refresh button, I opted for just the Refresh & it worked ok & downloaded the latest updates for today.. lol

Thanx again Biffo..

--- Ian ---

spitfirevirtual
5th October, 2010, 12:20 AM
Instead of loading the entire package information, it simply loads the description, which is all I need to know about the package I'm looking at.

To do this:

Create a backup copy of /Applications/Cydia.app/package.js and copy it to your PC/Mac using a file transfer method (SCP for example).

Open it up, find the line that reads (it's on line number 208 of the file):
var depiction = package.depiction;

Change it to:
var depiction = null;

Save package.js and upload it to your iPhone in /Applications/Cydia.app/, over-writing the old one.

Restart Cydia, load up a package, and enjoy the increased loading speed!

If you don't like it, you can do the reverse of what I have said here, or simply copy over your backup copy of package.js

Let me know what you guys think! :hooray:

EDIT:
You can also use iFile to do all of this right on your iPhone if you have it installed, just make sure you create a backup of the package.js before you edit it!

I tried to change package.js. via ifunbox, iifunbox asked for permissions. as i did not know how to, i reversed the changes in packages.js. It still asks for permission, and have no way of doing it via SSH and winscp as i have no wifi, ipcsuite does not run, and now Cydia is empty in iphone. Can you help, thanks

fijiman
7th October, 2010, 07:54 AM
The other quick and easy way to speed up the loading of Cydia is to go into Sections press edit and switch off packages you do not need or use....myself I'm not interested in themes so they are all switched off = faster loading times