PDA

View Full Version : 80cm Dish won't work

tom19
21st March, 2010, 10:40 PM
I have a new 80cm orbital dish and cannot get a signal. I know the box and lnbs are all working with my old minidish which is 60cm. I can pick up Astra and hotbird with the old mini dish and a motor but have invested in the larger dish to pick up Thor and Hispasat at west. Have a universal lnb that works fine up to now. Do I need a new lnb? Am i doing something wrong?

cactikid
21st March, 2010, 11:12 PM
freesat should work off astra as its the same one used for sky.

tom19
21st March, 2010, 11:15 PM
Thanks. I can get the channels with my old dish but my new 80cm dish will not work.

wiz569
22nd March, 2010, 01:17 AM
Thanks. I can get the channels with my old dish but my new 80cm dish will not work.

Dishes dont have any working parts in them as such,they are just reflectors for want of a better description i.e. they reflect the signal onto the LNB,

I would say that your dish is not aligned properly m8.

thered
22nd March, 2010, 05:11 PM
I have a new 80cm orbital dish and cannot get a signal. I know the box and lnbs are all working with my old minidish which is 60cm. I can pick up Astra and hotbird with the old mini dish and a motor but have invested in the larger dish to pick up Thor and Hispasat at west. Have a universal lnb that works fine up to now. Do I need a new lnb? Am i doing something wrong?

you may struggle for some of thor depending on your location you may need a bigger dish

as3tree
24th March, 2010, 06:39 AM
I would say you need a bigger dish or you are not aligned correctly.

Have a look at the Thor and Hispasat footprint for your area.

ahmedrik
6th April, 2010, 04:19 AM
i have fta receiver installed with my dish .do i need dreambox along with fta receiver or just dreambox and dish?