PDA

View Full Version : International Scanner

big_mike_8
22nd March, 2010, 10:20 PM
This may sound like a stupid question but which program do I need to scan International Trucks & Diesel Engines.

ibmman
22nd March, 2010, 11:20 PM
This may sound like a stupid question but which program do I need to scan International Trucks & Diesel Engines.

Diamond Logic Builder, Servicemaxx, Master Diagnostics all available on DK. Do a search. You need an interface. I use Nexiq usb about $700.

hercamp
22nd March, 2010, 11:38 PM
if youre engine is not international u can connect with the software disign for it.... like cummins (insite) ,detroit diesel (DDDL ) or cat...all these are here in DK ...to connect to ECM u can use Nexiq ,just search.

big_mike_8
23rd March, 2010, 01:14 PM
What is the difference between Diamond Logic, Service Max and MD

joshplainfield
31st March, 2010, 02:59 AM
What is the difference between Diamond Logic, Service Max and MD

Diamond Logic=multiplexing on newer internationals 2003 and up, clusters, head lights, body controls etc.
servicemaxx=newest int program suppose to supercede all other engine software, covers 199?-and up including EGR maxxforce engines
MD=international engine software just doesn't pull the extra emmsion codes that the maxxforce can set

please anyone correct me if wrong.

undeadmechanic
3rd April, 2010, 03:42 PM
Diamond Logic=multiplexing on newer internationals 2003 and up, clusters, head lights, body controls etc.
servicemaxx=newest int program suppose to supercede all other engine software, covers 199?-and up including EGR maxxforce engines
MD=international engine software just doesn't pull the extra emmsion codes that the maxxforce can set

please anyone correct me if wrong.

I work for International, you're pretty much spot on.

The multiplexing system that requires Diamond Logic Builder and/or Intune started with year model 2002.

The Master Diagnostics (MD) suite works on all electronic International diesel engines except the Maxxforce line that was introduced in 2007, the break down for each follows...

1994-1997 - MD32 3 box - Early models had 3 different modules to run the engine. ECM, VPM, IDM.

1998 - 2001/2003 - These engines were run by a single module, an integrated ECM, IDM, and VPM. In 2002, International introduced a new V8 diesel, the VT365/6.0L and it used the next generation of electronic engine controls. The DT 466E and 530E did not switch to the new system until 2004, at which point the 530 was replaced by the 570.

2002/2004 -2007 MD32 DLCII - International took a backstep and went back to separate modules, but only 2 this time, ECM and IDM. The old single box ecms were at 96-98% capacity when released and simply could not handle the extra functions needed for the EGR emissions control, so this system was introduced.

First Gen MaxxForce Software was actually Service Assistant or "Saint". It was developed by SUSE, who also produced the IC4 interface devices. Saint can communicate with any International engine from '94 through the MaxxForce line. I don't think it can talk to the 11 or 13 liter MaxxForce though, I never tried it. I prefer this version over others, but Navistar and SUSE had a disagreement, and now it's no longer supported.

ServiceMaxx is the newest engine diag suite. It's laid out very similar to Diamond Logic Builder. I pretty much refuse to use it on anything except an 11 or 13 liter engine.

RSwire
17th June, 2010, 11:55 PM
I work for International, you're pretty much spot on.

The multiplexing system that requires Diamond Logic Builder and/or Intune started with year model 2002.

The Master Diagnostics (MD) suite works on all electronic International diesel engines except the Maxxforce line that was introduced in 2007, the break down for each follows...

1994-1997 - MD32 3 box - Early models had 3 different modules to run the engine. ECM, VPM, IDM.

1998 - 2001/2003 - These engines were run by a single module, an integrated ECM, IDM, and VPM. In 2002, International introduced a new V8 diesel, the VT365/6.0L and it used the next generation of electronic engine controls. The DT 466E and 530E did not switch to the new system until 2004, at which point the 530 was replaced by the 570.

2002/2004 -2007 MD32 DLCII - International took a backstep and went back to separate modules, but only 2 this time, ECM and IDM. The old single box ecms were at 96-98% capacity when released and simply could not handle the extra functions needed for the EGR emissions control, so this system was introduced.

First Gen MaxxForce Software was actually Service Assistant or "Saint". It was developed by SUSE, who also produced the IC4 interface devices. Saint can communicate with any International engine from '94 through the MaxxForce line. I don't think it can talk to the 11 or 13 liter MaxxForce though, I never tried it. I prefer this version over others, but Navistar and SUSE had a disagreement, and now it's no longer supported.

ServiceMaxx is the newest engine diag suite. It's laid out very similar to Diamond Logic Builder. I pretty much refuse to use it on anything except an 11 or 13 liter engine.
do you know any links to the "SAINT" software if so could you PLEASE post? thanks in advance!!!

nathanielje
12th July, 2010, 10:14 PM
Stumbled on this forum while searching for help. I have 200 model 4900 with a dt466E. Cranks but doesn't start unless you tow it and use the clutch. While cranking to warn engine light will come on and stay on.
After it starts it will give a lot of blue/white smoke until it just idles but somewhat rough.
I have a pro-link which i checked and saw that oil pressure was between 30 - 50psi at 700rpm, icp apprx 700psi+/-100. It will run but not with much power, turbo reads ok. If you shut it off after running, give about ten minutes and it won't key start. The two active codes i'm getting from the pro-link refer to ecm and idm fault. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

thank you

meporter
22nd September, 2010, 05:15 AM
Stumbled on this forum while searching for help. I have 200 model 4900 with a dt466E. Cranks but doesn't start unless you tow it and use the clutch. While cranking to warn engine light will come on and stay on.
After it starts it will give a lot of blue/white smoke until it just idles but somewhat rough.
I have a pro-link which i checked and saw that oil pressure was between 30 - 50psi at 700rpm, icp apprx 700psi+/-100. It will run but not with much power, turbo reads ok. If you shut it off after running, give about ten minutes and it won't key start. The two active codes i'm getting from the pro-link refer to ecm and idm fault. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

thank you

Remove battery cables, clean thoroughly, and load test each battery.
This is common on ECM code. The bad battery connection causes low signal to ECM. Old post, but FYI anyway.

Siimba
16th September, 2012, 03:13 AM
:goodpost:
Remove battery cables, clean thoroughly, and load test each battery.
This is common on ECM code. The bad battery connection causes low signal to ECM. Old post, but FYI anyway.

Thats a good start.

hercamp
16th September, 2012, 04:59 PM
yes but ,like year ago...lol

wakamolazo
17th October, 2012, 06:41 AM
which software can i use with a Navistar DT466E? i use Nexiq

DICODIESEL
22nd October, 2012, 11:38 PM
which software can i use with a Navistar DT466E? i use Nexiq

friend the software of diagnostic is MD , and this forum is download, but read the rules, and this software is compatible with interface nexiq 125032 number part...

saludos

:party:

wakamolazo
11th November, 2012, 11:46 PM
i need a key for Master Diagnostic MD32 v3.0 please
PC ID: IDB-055