PDA

View Full Version : Twin tuner

Jocky666
1st November, 2008, 11:37 PM
Hi guys , I'm looking for a twin cable tuner box and at teh moment am leaning towards the starview PVR twin tuner since its so well priced.
I know about the 7025 (?300) and also the 500CS and am still leaning towards the starview, but my concern is that the box has apparently been discontinued and as such surely the software support will be minimal???

Do any of you have an opinion on whether I'll have trouble with the starview in future or perhaps know of another box similarly priced with better support??

Any advice is appreciated

Jocky :cheers:

Curious123
1st November, 2008, 11:46 PM
The dreamboxes have almost worldwide support but generally it all boils down to what do you want to do with your box. If all you want to do is watch tv with your box than you are better off buying any other box but a breambox. To be really honest with you if you are fairly pc literate and enjoy a challenge than the dreambox will be great for you as you can't really go wrong with the dreambox.

yamar1
2nd November, 2008, 02:47 AM
as the man says, 500c/s 2 dreamboxes in 1, for peanuts what more do you want!

Elric
2nd November, 2008, 03:04 AM
i dont think the 500 is capable havin two tuners in at once
if you want a box with two tuners go for the dm 7025

Jocky666
2nd November, 2008, 10:47 AM
Yeah I'm looking for something to replace my Vermin + box I have a d-box and have previously used a dream 500 c which was pretty good. But the cost of the 7025 is high compared to the starview at ?150.
But as I say the thing with the starview is that it has been discontinued and my worry is that the next time they play with the key roll I'll be stuck without any soft updates etc.
Or do these boxes work differently when it comes to keys etc and arn'et as affected by Vermins attempts to ~~~~ us over??

Again any help is appreciated

Jocky :wink:

bigman2
2nd November, 2008, 11:36 AM
Where can you get a 7025 for ?300 ?

Jocky666
2nd November, 2008, 04:13 PM
Where can you get a 7025 for ?300 ?

Sorry ?399 was what I think I saw it at got a little confused?

So does anyone have an opinion on the future support for The box PVR twin tuner??

Thanks

Jocky :celticparty:

thered
2nd November, 2008, 04:22 PM
Sorry ?399 was what I think I saw it at got a little confused?

So does anyone have an opinion on the future support for The box PVR twin tuner??

Thanks

Jocky :celticparty:

just a suggestion you could get two eurovox pvrs and just split your cable into two boxes not as convenient but will do the same job at nearly half the price of the 7025

icaicm
2nd November, 2008, 04:56 PM
get a dm7025sc m8 you will not regret i have one for over 2 years and working gr8. also got it connected to my motorised 1.2mthr dish and you will be surprise to what you can do with it.

portbhoy
2nd November, 2008, 05:34 PM
Stay away from the box PVR it's a pile of sh*t and full of bugs I would go the 2 box route as suggested by other members ;)

felix1
6th November, 2008, 03:24 AM
get a dm7025sc m8 you will not regret i have one for over 2 years and working gr8. also got it connected to my motorised 1.2mthr dish and you will be surprise to what you can do with it.

agree 100%. other than the price its gotta be the best box out there. no problems to speak of and the support is great. just think of recording 8 different channels at the same time. that alone gets my vote.

but i have 2x sat tuners now as theres nothing on VM you cant get on sat.

thered
6th November, 2008, 02:03 PM
well if were plugging the 7025 i think its great but i think it is a bit pricey for some people

my only regret is it doesnt have hd so that will be my next plan i think

dadof2littlemonsters
6th November, 2008, 07:01 PM
my 2 pence worth.....
i have a box/starview pvr and as previously stated its a big hot steaming pile of pooh. reason i purchsed was for the twin tuner, it has never worked as it should and recordings are so hit and miss it makes recording pointless. infact the last recording attempted before buying a dm500c was over 6 months ago.

get the 500c or as others have suggested 2 box's, personally id love a 7025 but the budeget never seems to run that high, bloody kids!!!!!

dadof2littlemonsters

ddd
22nd November, 2008, 11:21 PM
Do you think the 500C has a better picture quality than the Starview?

Thanks.

on_the_jazz
23rd November, 2008, 02:10 AM

Thanks.

I'm not sure but I can tell you that the picture on my 7025 is worse than the dbox2 i had before it. I think this maybe down to the cam though rather than the box.
Just make sure you get a good quality rbg scart cable and output in rgb.

thered
23rd November, 2008, 12:25 PM

Thanks.

dont know about the starview but mine has a much better picture than a eurovox and it is also better than my virgin box