PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust Gas Analiser calibrating

BeianM
23rd March, 2010, 09:05 PM
Hi, my old Sun engine analiser has bitten the dust. It was great, BIG but old. Best thing is that it did not need calibrating. But now it does not come out of warm up so time for the spares corner of the shed.
So what to buy? I only ever used it for the scope & gas. Scope I can do so just need a gas analiser. There are always various models on ebay at cheap prices but all need the dreaded 'calibration' to get them to work. So do I buy one & pay the ?160 for my Sun to come? or is there a model known easy to bypass the calibration. I understand that this can be a rolling code, but I may be wrong. Anyone know a man that can.
Thanks in advance.

BeianM
17th April, 2010, 10:36 PM
Just a bump

Meat-Head
17th April, 2010, 11:59 PM
would be inclined to go to your local mot shop and simutainsly 'test' a car they are testing.

BeianM
18th April, 2010, 01:59 PM
It is not that the machine need to be calibrated to be precise. It is the fact that the ex mot testers are set so that they only work for 12mts. Then they don't come out of warm up mode, thus giving no readings. I had my eye on another forum but it looks like they gave up trying to find the way around it.

Meat-Head
18th April, 2010, 05:13 PM
Ok there is no website better than DK you don't need to be looking at other forums.

Could you post details of the machine on here.

guess it is pc based, so try changing the bios clock.

Do you have ANY software/instructions for it?

BeianM
19th April, 2010, 12:09 AM
Have not got one yet, looking out for one. But probably a sun dga 1800. Found this on the www
"I had the snap-on man remove the calibration requirement from my DGA 1800
before I sold it for ?150, it will then work as a basic tester for ever.
You can pick these up on eBay for less than ?100 now and a friendly snappy
man will type in the code for a drink. "
Anyone have a code book?