PDA

View Full Version : Tune Failed on every single channel?

gam3r
25th March, 2010, 02:09 PM
Hi guys, can anyone help me? My dreambox was working fine before but now i get tune failed on every single channel, even the free ones like bbc?

wullieace
27th March, 2010, 08:02 PM
you shure your dish hasent moved m8 with bad weather

gam3r
14th June, 2010, 11:54 AM
Hi guys, i still have this problem, i replaced the tuner with a original one and still got the problem. Any ideaS? seems like its picking up no single - there has been no change to the dish.

aftermath
14th June, 2010, 12:03 PM
either your motor is stuck out of sync, or your dish has moved..

gam3r
14th June, 2010, 12:16 PM
Don't have a motor mate, its a sky dish

ek247
14th June, 2010, 12:35 PM
check your lnb, rescan (happend to me once when my sattelite.xml file got deleted) lastly it might be your tuner

aftermath
14th June, 2010, 12:46 PM
also check your connectors , there are some cheap and nasty ones, i sometimes have to push my cable hard into the connector as sometimes it can come loose.

bubbles69
14th June, 2010, 02:46 PM
Sounds like tuner has failed, i have also seen this were the image is corrupt and flashed new image and tuner was fine...

if i was you select tuner 28.2e simple mode single sat and try scan and post what you get from there then we can help further to find your fault, but where you say you changed the tuner im sure it will be image fault as i seen this once before

alunfennell
14th June, 2010, 03:50 PM
Yeah your tuner is Gone I would say , Even if your satellite dish has moved you would still see some sort of signal strength between different satellites had it moved.

Pluse you have not told us what Model Dreambox you have ! & is it a Clone or a real one.

Clone receivers have a tendency to pop there Tuners.

gam3r
14th June, 2010, 04:02 PM
How can it be the tuner? Its a clone box, but the tune failed initially occurred on the clone tuner. I purchased a replacement authentic tuner from ebay and I still have the same problem.

gam3r
14th June, 2010, 04:02 PM
Also I did use those satellite settings(28.2e astra, single) did an automatic scan and nothing is picked up!

alunfennell
14th June, 2010, 05:12 PM
Well the Voltage or components used by the manufacture of clone receivers might (most likely) differ from an original Dreambox, there simply could be a too big a differance between Voltage or something else between a clone tuner & original, you might have blown something by trying it.

Clone receivers are made with alternative materials making it cheaper than the original Dreambox, A clone is not 100% the same especially when it comes to interchangable parts.

Genieuk
14th June, 2010, 07:10 PM
Do you have access to another receiver to check with? or possibly a satellite meter?

Try and connect it up to a working Sky Receiver. If another receiver cannot receive a signal then it's definitely your dish or lnb thats the problem.

If however another receiver can get a signal then your DM is knackered. Reflash it would be a good start.

gam3r
15th June, 2010, 10:49 AM
Thanks for all the replies guys.

Well I tried a reflash, nabilo bh but the same problem. Will try my dm500 from upstairs next to check its not the satellite that's messed up.

gam3r
3rd August, 2010, 07:06 PM
Helloooo guys I still have not resolved this pleaseee help!

mark8393
3rd August, 2010, 07:35 PM

did other box work? if not could be coax problem. just run another length of coax from dish to box, leave it loose, stick it through window, if this fixes issues, just replace.

gam3r
22nd May, 2011, 11:23 AM
I resolved this issue a while ago! Forgot to post the solution.

Basically I have a DM500 and a DM800, I stopped using the DM500 and brought the DM800 into the room where it used to be. Thinking that the power supplies were identical, I proceeded to use the DM500's power brick with the DM800.

While it looked like it worked, I could scan no channels or receive any signal from the dish.

It turned out that the DM500 power brick doesn't provide enough juice to the DM800 and its tuner.

As a last ditch resort I switched the power supply back to the DM800's brick after digging it out from the attic and hey presto everything was working.

andy91
22nd May, 2011, 07:17 PM

Like others have said you need to dot the eyes and cross the tees first.
Try your box on a friends dish if possible and visa versa and check the f connectors.
This would rule running out and buying another tuner or Lnb,

Andy.