PDA

View Full Version : W168 29f200 firmware corrupted / check / dump / repair?

chriz74
14th September, 2023, 08:15 AM
Please can anyone shed a light? My ecu has errors p0100 and p0110. The mafs is broken and can’t be repaired anymore (it was repaired several times in the past). In the recent past I tried to put my 29f200 on two other ecus and the car would never remain powered on. It started and stopped immediately. There was not any “start error” on the display. The same thing (start and immediate stop) would happen if I kept the 29f200 on my original ecu and put the mafs from the 2 other ecus on it. Last thing I did was put both 29f200 and my original mafs in one of those 2 ecus and car is working but nothing changed regarding p0100 and p0110 of course. Now I ordered an eeprom programmer so that I can dump my 29f200 and keep it safe. Is there a way to check if there is some corruption in the fw that prevents the car from running if I put another mafs on the ecu? What can I do with this dump? I am now also waiting for a third ecu to try and solve the problem. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Heraxxx23
14th September, 2023, 08:37 AM
Are You taking about 1.6 VDO ECU with integrated airmass?

chriz74
14th September, 2023, 08:56 AM
Are You taking about 1.6 VDO ECU with integrated airmass?

yes exactly that.

Heraxxx23
14th September, 2023, 09:24 AM
The best option is replace maf and mensure voltage on the pin od maf, maby one 12v is missing going in to ECU.
Other option SWAP flash memory to another ecu.
Last option if FW is corrupted, u have to replace ECU and recode immo.

chriz74
14th September, 2023, 09:43 AM
The best option is replace maf and mensure voltage on the pin od maf, maby one 12v is missing going in to ECU.
Other option SWAP flash memory to another ecu.
Last option if FW is corrupted, u have to replace ECU and recode immo.

do you have a map of voltages I should get on mafs pins? Which should have the 12v you think may be missing? As I said swapping flash memory never worked. I tried with 2 ecus and car never worked. Can I recode IMMO on the new ecu without HHT but using data from my original firmware? There must be an address in the FW that keeps the IMMO data. Also can I put virgin code in another ECU and code everything from data of my original firmware ? If so how ?
thanks.

——-
I see there is this software meucci ecu decoding which is also free. Can this be useful to reprogram donor ECU?

nikolov123
13th October, 2023, 05:17 PM
hi, need w168 1,4 am29f200 dump repair
the ecu interrupts every 5 sec.