PDA

View Full Version : Kia dash replacement?

jimbo2
23rd September, 2023, 08:28 AM
Hi, I have a Kia proceed that has broken dash cluster. Does anyone here know if I replace cluster with secondhand unit what problems will arise? Other than mileage difference does immobiliser go through dash cluster or linked to ecu etc? Or can it be swapped over relatively easily with secondhand cluster?

please help! Any info much appreciated.

brend
23rd September, 2023, 08:20 PM
Vin + car configuration + km value , that's enough for install , also in here fd communication , all job in bench .
Next question , are you have enough tool for all this job?

lexidime
24th September, 2023, 12:49 AM
If they put a dealers or a descent scan tool on that vehicle it will give a bcm fault code of mismatch vin showing the vin of the car that you got the cluster from

jimbo2
24th September, 2023, 02:53 PM
Thanks for the info, I mostly do radios so only have basic eprom programmers,joule and autel diagnostics. What will I need please to write vin and config data?
appreciate the help

jimbo2
24th September, 2023, 02:54 PM
Thanks for that, other than showing fault up on diagnostics, will it put a management light on?

jimbo2
25th September, 2023, 09:05 AM
Vin + car configuration + km value , that's enough for install , also in here fd communication , all job in bench .
Next question , are you have enough tool for all this job?

can I swap eprom over to new dash or read and edit replacement dash eprom Can you
please tell me where mileage/configuration data is stored?

jimbo2
26th September, 2023, 06:59 AM
Morning, any more help much appreciated ����

honingkoning
26th September, 2023, 11:27 PM
can I swap eprom over to new dash or read and edit replacement dash eprom Can you
please tell me where mileage/configuration data is stored?I think swapping eep would do the job,pn needs to be same off course.

Wbr