PDA

View Full Version : 2015 Silverado IPC upgrade

hufficon
24th September, 2023, 04:05 PM
I have a 2015 Silverado 1500 WT that I have upgraded from UDC to UDD Instrument Panel Cluster. I know I can send it off and have it programed but I'm just stubborn and want to do it myself because I think I can. I have already spent more than if I had sent it off in the first place, but that is not the point. The point is if I buy something and I own it I should be able to modify it to my hearts content without someone telling me that if I wanted an upgraded model I should have bought it in the first place. Well what is the fun in that? All that being said, I have most if not all the tools to do it. If GM hadn't locked it down it would already be done.

I have pulled the files off of the new cluster and cannot find the VIN in any of the files. I don't know for sure that I have them all. I have 3 bin, 1 mnf, 1 smd, and an indication.16xxxxxx.0 files. From what I have read the VIN is stored in plan text in one of the hex files. Searching these files in a hex editor gives me no results. I have also read that there is a PIN code that needs to be changed. I can read the VIN and PIN with my MDI they are the numbers from the doner vehicle.

So a couple of questions: Are the PINs all the same for all the modules on my truck are does each module have a unique PIN? (I haven't pulled the info from other modules yet)
Which chip on the cluster is the eeprom if I need to pull it and program it directly? There are several chips that look the same and I can't make out the numbers.

I have GMs DPS so I should be able to write to it through the OBD port. Haven't tried it yet because I haven't found the VIN in the files.

Can anyone lead my in the right direction?