PDA

View Full Version : Audi Urs4 and Urs6 dash conversion?

AudiS4
27th September, 2023, 03:12 AM
Hello Guys I have some really old dashes from europe that I would like to convert to USA spec. The dashes come out of early to mid 90's audi ur s4 and ur s6 vehicles. All are in KMH with manual odometers and gauge faces in kmh. Anyone know how to convert to mph and miles. Guessing I would need to change a gear inside odo mechanism? Any help would be great as there is very little about these dashes as far as information goes online and how to convert.

WOSCH
27th September, 2023, 06:04 AM
Hi,

as far as I remember you can't change only the speedo only on this cluster since it's all soldered down to the main PCB. Where as on S2 and RS2 this was possible changing only the speedo and convert from Euro to US.

Changing a gear inside doesn't help either since for example the S6 versions have a digital odometer and for the early S4 versions with analog odometer the different distance mile/km is just made by different count of pulses within the main pcb.

On top of that you have also different gauges for fuel and cooling temp..

So i donīt think it is as easy as you might expect and in my opinion you have to change the main PCB including the speedo and all fix gauges on that.

Wolfgang

AudiS4
29th September, 2023, 01:47 PM
Hi,

as far as I remember you can't change only the speedo only on this cluster since it's all soldered down to the main PCB. Where as on S2 and RS2 this was possible changing only the speedo and convert from Euro to US.

Changing a gear inside doesn't help either since for example the S6 versions have a digital odometer and for the early S4 versions with analog odometer the different distance mile/km is just made by different count of pulses within the main pcb.

On top of that you have also different gauges for fuel and cooling temp..

So i donīt think it is as easy as you might expect and in my opinion you have to change the main PCB including the speedo and all fix gauges on that

Wolfgang
Thank you for replying. So in theory with analog odometer if its counting the pulses wouldn't it work? Since the pulses are being counted? Is there a way to find more information on these units and how this can be accomplished. I have a soldering iron and have done many different repairs. Just want to see if it's possible.

WOSCH
5th October, 2023, 03:33 PM
You're welcome. Although this might've not been the answer you were looking for, sorry for that.
BTT: Did you compare the main pcbs yet? Iirc remember they are all totally different so this is why Iīm 99% sure this doesn't work without further modifications on the PCB.. Data on the various proms for example.

AudiS4
14th October, 2023, 11:32 PM
No I haven't done that yet. Still working on some other projects at the time.