PDA

View Full Version : Cummins Celect Plus

Matrans
27th March, 2010, 05:56 AM
I have a truck here with the fan cluth stuck on anyone no if it works through the ECM if so can i bypass it Cummins insite wont let you do anything the fan cluth setting is LOCKED

rigos42
27th March, 2010, 06:53 AM
what year is the truck in brand. must of the thucks the fan work with the tempeture sensor or a/c pressure switch. air selenoi active the fan by temp sensor or a/c pressure switch.

Matrans
27th March, 2010, 11:34 PM
what year is the truck in brand. must of the thucks the fan work with the tempeture sensor or a/c pressure switch. air selenoi active the fan by temp sensor or a/c pressure switch.
Its a 1998 International Transtar i found the tempeture senser it seems to be wired into the ECM the wires of the air selenoid seem to go back in the wiring loom. When unplug the sensor it Flashes up a Warning Engine Code.

joshplainfield
28th March, 2010, 12:09 AM
what year make model is it? I can probally get schematics.

also go to the fan solenoid, with the key on engine off see if one wire is ground and one is hot, then turn the key off and make sure power goes away, if it is getting power with key on you probally have a bad fan switch.

Matrans
28th March, 2010, 08:54 AM
what year make model is it? I can probally get schematics.

also go to the fan solenoid, with the key on engine off see if one wire is ground and one is hot, then turn the key off and make sure power goes away, if it is getting power with key on you probally have a bad fan switch.
Its a 1998 N14 PLUS/Celect plus. No power with key on. was told it works of the ECM if so i wont to know if i put a mechanical Fan Temp sendor in block can i run the wires to the fan solinoid and bypass ECM. Thanks

gtchoryk
28th March, 2010, 12:10 PM
HERE ARE A FEW THINGS U CAN DO.
- CONFIRM FAN CLUTCH IS NOT SEIZED KYSOR CLUTCHES DO SEIZE.
- CONFIRM SOLENOID IS WORKING FINE BY SUPPLYING B+ AND GRN.
-C/K IF YOU FAN SOLENOID IS NO OR NC (NORMALLY OPEN OR NORMALLY CLOSED)
- C/K YOUR A/C FAN CYCLING SWITCH IF SWITCH IS STUCK OPEN FAN CONSTANTLY RUNS. OHM IT OUT SHOULD HAVE UNDER 0.5 OHMS.
- START ENG. AND LET RUN FOR 5 MIN. (TO LET AIR PSI BUILD AND SOME ENGINE/TRUCKS HAVE A TIMER TO ALLOW FOR PSI TO BUILD UP) C/K IF YOU HAVE B+ OR GRN AT FAN CLUTCH SOLENOID. B+ SHOULD BE CONSTANTLY SUPPLIED WHEN IGNITION IS TURNED ON, AND GROUND CIRCUIT IS CONTROLLED BY ECM, IF YOU HAVE INSITE MONITOR DATA LIKE COOLANT TEMP AND A/C PRESSURE SWITCH, INTAKE TEMP, OIL TEMP, ECT. IF ANYTHING READING TOO HIGH...

GOING THROUGH THESE STEPS YOU SHOULD FIND UR PROBLEM OR YOU HAVE A FAULTY ECM, IF SO INSTALL A TEST ECM AND VERIFY REPAIR.

zopiloto
28th March, 2010, 04:32 PM
CHECK ACTIVE CODE 155 IF SO INTAKE TENP. TOO HI CHECK FOR OPEN WIRE OR BAD SENSOR SORRI MY INGLE IS POR SAME PROBLEM LAST MONDAI IF DONT WORK KEEP US POSTED

Matrans
29th March, 2010, 09:53 AM
Thanks to you all that posted have run a test ECM and fan works fine must be problem with ECM. if i put a Mechanical Temp Sendor in and bypass ECM will it work. alot cheaper than a new ECM. Thanks Again

hercamp
29th March, 2010, 05:24 PM
but ...some time this problem is for the a/c temp..u have to dessable the a/C temp activation ..firts .

gtchoryk
3rd April, 2010, 07:53 PM
A TEMP SENSOR/SWITCH WILL WORK FINE BUT AS PREVIOUS POST YOU NEED TO KEEP IN MIND A/C. YOU WILL NEED TO HARD WIRE A A/C FAN CYCLING SWITCH TO THE FAN CLUTCH SOLENOID IF YOU WISH TO USE A/C. OTHERWISE DISREGARD.

Matrans
4th April, 2010, 08:26 AM
A TEMP SENSOR/SWITCH WILL WORK FINE BUT AS PREVIOUS POST YOU NEED TO KEEP IN MIND A/C. YOU WILL NEED TO HARD WIRE A A/C FAN CYCLING SWITCH TO THE FAN CLUTCH SOLENOID IF YOU WISH TO USE A/C. OTHERWISE DISREGARD. Fan works fine with Mechanical sendor.now i have the fan working properly will hard wire AC sensor in. THANKS

joeseph666
16th October, 2010, 09:19 PM
I had a Celect Plus yesterday that had the same problem... after it was flashed with a slightly higher C file (originally it had C10317.09, ). In a Peterbuilt. It had a fan switch in the dash. But it stopped working. I assume it was because the ecm expected the opposite setting for the switch... Normally Open/Normally Closed.

There was an item in the fan control folder for whether a manual switch was installed. It was enabled after the flash. In the end, telling the ecm that there was no manual switch(option set to disabled), returned fan control to the dashboard.

So how can I change the Normally Open/Normally Closed setting after a flash? I think Peterbuilt flips some of them around?

hercamp
17th October, 2010, 12:18 AM
if ..did u recalibrae the ecm..and fant activation is reverse confg...you can use calterm to config..that parameter..or get the cal from other ecm with same conf..and oem ..and put this in the ecm you can change.

is just a solution.

joeseph666
17th October, 2010, 12:31 AM
Hola Hercamp,

Yes, I recalibrated that one. Why? Because there was a problem with the dashboard j1708 connector. It wound up with a footprint after I was trying to setup some parameters.. Then I found the connector on the ecm. Even then... it took me 2 flashes... to get those parameters to take. What I'd like to do is to get my hands on that exact calibration, but it wasn't on the Aug disk. Celect Plus.

Okay... so now I need a working Calterm. LOL
It never seems to end!

Thanks again Hercamp.

hercamp
17th October, 2010, 01:26 AM
well...maybe if u .. back the laptop date ..until incal vercion date u have seen the cal file inside???

can be a solution.
or get a calterm from threath and try to get an activation code..and file

makura
18th October, 2010, 11:01 AM
I have done a dozen of these changes,insite can change the polarity of fan,just go to you parameter and settings and on the fan options it says fan 1 and fan2,if my memory serves me right,activating fan clutch 2 and make it enable will solve your problem,but 90% of truck calibrations come with fan 1 active.
I am from africa so we get to see trucks from differnt part of the world,in all european trucks like ERF when you do a calibration you wil get that fan problem were by the fan will lock as soon as you start the truck,then turns off when the engine heats up,so you need to turn fan clutch2 t active.

jctech
18th October, 2010, 01:52 PM
well...maybe if u .. back the laptop date ..until incal vercion date u have seen the cal file inside???

can be a solution.
or get a calterm from threath and try to get an activation code..and file

Do not try to put the PC date back in a laptop with Insite on it. Insite checks the date every time it is started and if the date has been put back to before the last time Insite was started, your Insite will be locked into read only and need a password from Cummins to unlock it. If your Insite was not registered with Cummins, you can not get that password.

jctech
18th October, 2010, 11:47 PM
I had a Celect Plus yesterday that had the same problem... after it was flashed with a slightly higher C file (originally it had C10317.09, ). In a Peterbuilt. It had a fan switch in the dash. But it stopped working. I assume it was because the ecm expected the opposite setting for the switch... Normally Open/Normally Closed.

There was an item in the fan control folder for whether a manual switch was installed. It was enabled after the flash. In the end, telling the ecm that there was no manual switch(option set to disabled), returned fan control to the dashboard.

So how can I change the Normally Open/Normally Closed setting after a flash? I think Peterbuilt flips some of them around?

Look in the ECM calibration revision history file on your Incal disc, it will tell you when the cal was updated from .09 to .10
you then need to find an Incal disc from a month before that date, that should have an 09 cal on it.
Next the magic
With your current valid Incal DVD in your drive, select C10371.C94?? (could not find C10317) and transfer it with Insite to a memory stick, this will make a valid cal and file structure on your memory stick.
Now with your old CD or DVD in your drive and the memory stick attached, navigate to the Intelect/ESDN/Data/C94/CAL/ and copy the C10371.C94 file from your old CD/DVD and paste it in the same location on your memory stick, overwrite the newer C94 file!! (or delete it before), do not alter any other files!!
You will now be able to calibrate your ECM with the old file
The old file must have the same name as the replaced new file, the cal revision is not part of the file name.

hercamp
19th October, 2010, 04:33 AM
Do not try to put the PC date back in a laptop with Insite on it. Insite checks the date every time it is started and if the date has been put back to before the last time Insite was started, your Insite will be locked into read only and need a password from Cummins to unlock it. If your Insite was not registered with Cummins, you can not get that password.

yeah I forgot this detail...need date insite/unlock..sorry..

trucks
19th October, 2010, 10:31 AM
When I shut down my Insite with it locked it is no problem just to turn the date right and it will start again.And not be locked.

dimitar22
19th October, 2010, 12:11 PM

I can help with that give me pc id and verification code.