PDA

View Full Version : help with restoring my laptop to when i bought it

evelyn2008
27th March, 2010, 08:14 AM
hi my lap top has gone really slow due to how much cr.p is on it i want to to take it back to when i bought it and first turned it on . i have'nt done a back up dvd yet but i will do but were do i go from there were do i go to do a factory reset and is there anything alse i need to know :questionmark:
i wiil put all my useful stuff on a usb pen
thanks

kenmonu
27th March, 2010, 08:32 AM
hi my lap top has gone really slow due to how much cr.p is on it i want to to take it back to when i bought it and first turned it on . i have'nt done a back up dvd yet but i will do but were do i go from there were do i go to do a factory reset and is there anything alse i need to know :questionmark:
i wiil put all my useful stuff on a usb pen
thanks

what operating systems it running and do your have the cd.

evelyn2008
27th March, 2010, 08:38 AM
hi its a dell inspiron and it is vista .cd must be in the box would i be able to do it if i can not find the dell cd . wiil have a look now

Bulld0g
27th March, 2010, 09:45 AM
Sometimes you get a recovery cd but mostly on Laptops the recovery is a partition set aside on the hard drive. When you start up your laptop press F11 and the option to reinstall to factory settings should be there.Just follow onscreen instructions.

kenmonu
27th March, 2010, 01:01 PM
hi its a dell inspiron and it is vista .cd must be in the box would i be able to do it if i can not find the dell cd . wiil have a look now

if its vista then will probably have a partition. follow bulldogs instructions and come back if you need any help.

evelyn2008
27th March, 2010, 06:06 PM
will do let you know how i get on
thanks

evelyn2008
3rd November, 2010, 04:06 PM
had a look every where to try and factory reset my dell but still no luck tryed f12 f11 f3 but i don,t honestly know were i'm looking . does any body have a dell inspiron lap top that has done a factory reset that could help me go through it .

dasteph
3rd November, 2010, 05:44 PM
had a look every where to try and factory reset my dell but still no luck tryed f12 f11 f3 but i don,t honestly know were i'm looking . does any body have a dell inspiron lap top that has done a factory reset that could help me go through it .

you can access your Dell’s recovery partition by pressing Ctrl+F11 when the machine is first turned on. The appropriate time to do this is almost immediately after the power button is pressed. A small message is usually displayed that offers to let you enter the BIOS (usually F2 on newer Dells) or go to the boot menu (F8 or F10, I think; it displays the appropriate key to press).