PDA

View Full Version : Need advice re buying new receiver, please!

beemacdee
3rd November, 2008, 04:13 PM
Hi folk - I've used a Force Master 2044 for nearly 5 years but it doesn't cut the mustard any more. Tried to "factory reset" last week and then realised that I hadn't got a new channel list (cos the company got taken over and doesnt do upgrades over Astra 1 any more). So i have to put in all channels by hand - no blind search - and that is too much to stand.
So I would be grateful for any advice re a new purchase; Darkbox, Humax, technomate or a Linux rx??? What about HD?? Has anyone got a suggestion?
I use a Dragon cam - or did - so i want to keep on hacking ppv channels. I havent been the same since I watched the 'naked women wrestling' (from Las Vegas) on a hacked French MV channel. I shall read all posts avidly - thnx beemacdee

.: JaCkPoT :.
3rd November, 2008, 05:24 PM
Dreambox will do you best. Not sure if theres a hd one though. But take a look a 500s

beemacdee
3rd November, 2008, 06:22 PM
thanks, sidiq, i am leaning that way beemacdee

thered
4th November, 2008, 12:15 AM
dreambox 800 is hd

.: JaCkPoT :.
4th November, 2008, 12:50 AM
dreambox 800 is hd

Always been a technomate know it all but nothing with dreamboxes.

dov13
12th November, 2008, 02:55 PM
Hi folk - I've used a Force Master 2044 for nearly 5 years but it doesn't cut the mustard any more. Tried to "factory reset" last week and then realised that I hadn't got a new channel list (cos the company got taken over and doesnt do upgrades over Astra 1 any more). So i have to put in all channels by hand - no blind search - and that is too much to stand.
So I would be grateful for any advice re a new purchase; Darkbox, Humax, technomate or a Linux rx??? What about HD?? Has anyone got a suggestion?
I use a Dragon cam - or did - so i want to keep on hacking ppv channels. I havent been the same since I watched the 'naked women wrestling' (from Las Vegas) on a hacked French MV channel. I shall read all posts avidly - thnx beemacdee

:cheer:get a fte max s200 best box i use one and its simple cheap and just magic to use hope that helps you:captain:brgs dov13