PDA

View Full Version : Edc16u34 Idle IQ to high after injector upgrade

614emil
18th October, 2023, 04:55 AM
Edc16u34 Idle IQ to high after injector upgrade

Passat bxe pd105 with pd130 injectors

used to be around 0.6l/h now its 0.9-1.1l/h

What map do i adjust Idle IQ with?

Durations was not changed much, only in higher regions.
when i look at durations for the new injectors they are higher values in Idle are, that means it would use more fuel right? so best stick with original durations?

Lambda1
18th October, 2023, 01:22 PM
The best is to correct calibrate the file. But I think the problem here starts with the part itself... the upgrade Injectors for sure will be bigger not smaller oder same size... think about. or maybe just compare the files of both

lsdlsd88
18th October, 2023, 01:26 PM
higher duration might be because of different camshaft, higher soi, or many other factors. did u calibrate bip maps?

kppow666
18th October, 2023, 02:39 PM
bip soi duration maps.remember that the bxe motor is weak, I did not change it once, but the motor was always changed to asz arl.

614emil
20th October, 2023, 12:03 AM
Hmm okok Thx!

No have not touched BIP, it seems to run pretty much the same, no uneveness so i thought that might be ok, the tuner did not touch it either.

I found a pd130 file with duration adapted to edc16.
I tested thoose values and the whole map had a little higher values cross the board, not much difference.
Now idle is back to 0.5/0.6 �� now duration values for idle is 250 - 500, little higher than with old smaller injectors.
Lower area had higher duration values so thats wierd but ok.
Lower driving was very effective now, 30 min tripp, start from -1 celsius i got 4.1L/100km.
Problem now is full throttle seems weaker, the burst of power is weaker.
Durations was max 40 before, now it is 44 but down from 44 at 75mg is goes from a little more to alittle less.
So more top durations = less power, also wierd.
Maybe keep New durations and replace from 40mg and upp with old values? Topend was Great before.
Or that the New values was extended but not extrapoled beyond 60mg.
I kept my extrapolation with 55 65 75 and maybe i should use the same as from the map i got it from?
Upp to 60 with 44 durations? ��
Before was upp to 75 with 39 duration and was more power than 75 with 44.
Since its 44 @ 60 i dont know what original values are so i can extended myself

Anyone have pd130 files and mappacks for edc15?
Or files adapted to edc 16?

belmoday
20th October, 2023, 04:26 AM
Can u post file?

614emil
20th October, 2023, 07:03 PM
attached original and current version xD
changed axis down from 75 to 60 like where the duration maps came from, still slower burst of power when full throttle.

also tried to lower n75 by 5 and extend a bit, but with new durations, boost behaves very different so gonna change that.

its fast to start and build boost but top boost is much lower, will revert to stock tuned boost and start from there.

another day with new durations to city and back, 4.7l/100km, 0.5l idle, freaking amazing with the power at low iq now :D
just gotta get the top end back XD
got enough durations so thats not the problem

take a look and maybe make changes and i can test :D u can se i am at version 47 xD