PDA

View Full Version : VW Sharan 1.9TDI 115 2002. Millage adjust needed

Nikko485
29th October, 2023, 03:54 PM
Hi !
First, a hudje thank to you all for your time !

My problem :
The genuine cluster is a little bit faulty, the LCD screen is totally unreadable within the temperature increase.

I've found a cluster from a Seat Alhambra, same engine. The only thing that didn't "work" is the milage.

My Sharan has 412.544 km, the Alhambra had 263.000. I really want to adjust that in orde to keep track of the different maintenance operation, and I'm proud of that milage.

Genuine dash VDO V57
Alhambra dash VDO V67
Cable KKL 409.1

What i've try (under Win XP and Win 7):
- Vag Com KKL 409.1 > Unable to login (code 13861 ?) and so unable to do the adaptation steps.
- Vag Commander 1.4 CHINA > Unable to open the soft, no error message neither window
- Vag Commander 3.6 > Unable to open the soft, the files seems to be corrupted
- Vag Commander 2.5 > Eeprom reading is OK with the genuine cluster, but stops at the adresse 0X0010 with the "new" one.
- WVTools (XP Only) > When i try to adjust millage on the "new" one, divised by 10 (41254), I've a error "OVER FLOW" wgile cilc en the Test buttun, from the soft then it's just exit. If I cilc on SAVE, the result displays ERROR above this button, nothing on the dash.
- Vag EEPROM Programmer V1.19 > Reading genuine OK, Reading the Alhambra give me a "Could Not Login" error. The identification is OK, I can read an clear default codes but no reading at all.

Thanks you for reading.
Best regards

evgeny87
29th October, 2023, 04:04 PM
you dont have eep programmer to open and read these clusters direct?

Nikko485
29th October, 2023, 04:19 PM
I don't understand, sorry...

I'm a electronician but with very old analogic technologies...

I understand the idea of cloning EEprom for engin ECU, but for a dash i found it a little bit complicated...

And fun fact : my radio used to learn its pin code from the car when i disconnect the battery. But not with the "new" dash !
I've to re install the genuine one to get it running...
I'll try to find the code, it seems to be the only thing that doesn't work as before. Even the two keys are OK, the locking system too.

fudballer
29th October, 2023, 04:48 PM
Read eeprom on table with something like CH341a its a 2dollar programmer or use Upa or any eeprom programmer, when you read send us here your dump and we gonna try adjusting mileage the one you want

Nikko485
29th October, 2023, 04:51 PM
OK, I'll by one on Amazon. Can you tell me witch is the eeprom on the board ?

Nikko485
29th October, 2023, 05:02 PM
I'm afraid that i've made a terrible mistake !

Since i've read the genuine EEProm, i've try to load it in Vag Commander 2.5 but with the Alhambra connected.
Surprisingly, the "Write" button was enable and with the old trackpad without want I've clic on it...

The writing process when smoothly OK. The dash seems to be still functionnal but who knows ?

kiszka
29th October, 2023, 05:31 PM
Hi !
First, a hudje thank to you all for your time !

My problem :
The genuine cluster is a little bit faulty, the LCD screen is totally unreadable within the temperature increase.

I've found a cluster from a Seat Alhambra, same engine. The only thing that didn't "work" is the milage.

My Sharan has 412.544 km, the Alhambra had 263.000. I really want to adjust that in orde to keep track of the different maintenance operation, and I'm proud of that milage.

Genuine dash VDO V57
Alhambra dash VDO V67
Cable KKL 409.1

What i've try (under Win XP and Win 7):
- Vag Com KKL 409.1 > Unable to login (code 13861 ?) and so unable to do the adaptation steps.
- Vag Commander 1.4 CHINA > Unable to open the soft, no error message neither window
- Vag Commander 3.6 > Unable to open the soft, the files seems to be corrupted
- Vag Commander 2.5 > Eeprom reading is OK with the genuine cluster, but stops at the adresse 0X0010 with the "new" one.
- WVTools (XP Only) > When i try to adjust millage on the "new" one, divised by 10 (41254), I've a error "OVER FLOW" wgile cilc en the Test buttun, from the soft then it's just exit. If I cilc on SAVE, the result displays ERROR above this button, nothing on the dash.
- Vag EEPROM Programmer V1.19 > Reading genuine OK, Reading the Alhambra give me a "Could Not Login" error. The identification is OK, I can read an clear default codes but no reading at all.

Thanks you for reading.
Best regards
this is a model of clocks that you can't read with just any device, I have one
you need to disassemble the dash and read the eeprom 93c86 with a programmer

Nikko485
29th October, 2023, 08:15 PM
this is a model of clocks that you can't read with just any device, I have one
you need to disassemble the dash and read the eeprom 93c86 with a programmer
Thank you so much !

But i've an other issue :
i've tried the car on the road, every things is allright but the cruise control. It doesn't work any more.
Any idea ?