PDA

View Full Version : Help required

Victorzerk
11th November, 2023, 01:43 AM
So long story short, bought an used xsara picasso 1.6 hdi 2009 ,car was a non starter, had to rebuild entire engine , now car doesnt wants to start , ecu came with immo off, but bsi still locks it and no start , ecu clearly came from another car , so i tought ill ask you guys for help, ive managed to read epprom using upa programmer , is there anything i can do to sort this thing out, so far ive just used immo file that came with second hand ecu, below is original ecu (with immo)dump and some pictures from lexia

Mgilaj54
11th November, 2023, 01:29 PM
Hello, i can’t help with this but last week i had a problem with one xsara picassa who didn’t want to start and these cars are apparently having same problem, i started the car by bringing a cable of ground to the body of the ecu

gwiazdamb
11th November, 2023, 04:09 PM
So long story short, bought an used xsara picasso 1.6 hdi 2009 ,car was a non starter, had to rebuild entire engine , now car doesnt wants to start , ecu came with immo off, but bsi still locks it and no start , ecu clearly came from another car , so i tought ill ask you guys for help, ive managed to read epprom using upa programmer , is there anything i can do to sort this thing out, so far ive just used immo file that came with second hand ecu, below is original ecu (with immo)dump and some pictures from lexia

Immo is disabled in your file
If immo is turned off in the ECU, the BSI status does not matter
The ECU should start the engine
I suggest checking the DTCs in the engine ECU, especially the actual values
In particular, focus on parameters such as immo status and engine speed. fuel pressure etc

antonis132
11th November, 2023, 04:14 PM
but on real data should be write ''engine ecu locked'' NO?

antonis132
11th November, 2023, 04:22 PM
Could you try write this file and inform me results?

Victorzerk
11th November, 2023, 05:44 PM

Will try asap and report, i thought maybe im missing a telecodification on bsi or ecu with lexia, its driving me crazy not be able to sort this thing out, thanks for the reply

Victorzerk
11th November, 2023, 05:56 PM
Immo is disabled in your file
If immo is turned off in the ECU, the BSI status does not matter
The ECU should start the engine
I suggest checking the DTCs in the engine ECU, especially the actual values
In particular, focus on parameters such as immo status and engine speed. fuel pressure etc

There are only egr related dtc's at ecu , fuel pressure is somewhere arround 320 bars, engine speed is 94 revs (engine rotates only when cranking) and immo starus shows no errors, thats why im thinking bsi is the culprit

fuzz1
12th November, 2023, 02:42 AM
Hi
If immo is off maybe you ensure that it's in park and supply current directly to the starter. Have you tried that? What happens when you try that?

Victorzerk
12th November, 2023, 04:21 AM
Hi
If immo is off maybe you ensure that it's in park and supply current directly to the starter. Have you tried that? What happens when you try that?

Haven't tried that as engine cranks, will also try to start it with spray silicone, will post results tomorrow

pawl
12th November, 2023, 05:13 PM
Use the LED indicator and connect to the injector cube, check if there are voltage pulses when turning the engine

Victorzerk
14th November, 2023, 02:03 AM

Hi, sry for the late response, no joy, car acts the same crank no start , on the side note ive noticed ecu is actually for a berlingo, same engine tho, tomorrow will try to program new virgin transponder , will try to read pin code from bsi , dunno if i can do that with upa programmer, will post results

Victorzerk
14th November, 2023, 02:06 AM
Use the LED indicator and connect to the injector cube, check if there are voltage pulses when turning the engine

Was the second or third thing sorted out, no pulse on inyectors

mexanico1971
14th November, 2023, 05:15 AM
Get a multimeter / oscilloscope , check BSM outs , Crankshaft signal , ecu voltages

pawl
14th November, 2023, 11:50 AM
The synchronization of the shaft and camshaft sensors still needs to be checked