PDA

View Full Version : PERFECT TOAST

patkins
30th March, 2010, 03:36 PM
Butter the four slices of bread. Uncork the champagne (please note: should the champagne have a cap then use the workmans glove to help prevent welts while trying to unscrew cap) Alternatively , you can use a certain tonic wine in which case you`ll need the glove.Pour the (corked) champagne into the glasses and think of some occasion to celebrate chanting `For he`s a jolly good etc, or substituting `She` where appropiate. When you`re finished,as agood will gesture, throw the 4 slices of bread out for the birds. HEALTH AND SAFETY NOTE; Remember to put all glasses,cutlery etc. into the sink or dishwasher to be forgotten about. ENJOY.

boothuk
31st March, 2010, 04:16 PM
I'm sure this recipe was for toast, reads like making buttered bread to me, no instructions for toasting!

patkins
31st March, 2010, 06:23 PM
Thanks for the interest boothuk. Iwas reading through this forum and further down is a post on HOW TO MAKE TEA so I thought I`d have a go as well. It`s a play on words substituting browning bread for raising a glass.

MetMan
31st March, 2010, 10:44 PM
Thanks for the interest boothuk. Iwas reading through this forum and further down is a post on HOW TO MAKE TEA so I thought I`d have a go as well. It`s a play on words substituting browning bread for raising a glass.

not for drinking champagne and making a toast?

boothuk
4th April, 2010, 12:17 PM
Whoops, right over my head there, my apologies.

chalky 4
4th April, 2010, 03:58 PM
Why do you need a corkscrew to open champagne? :stupid:

patkins
5th April, 2010, 12:39 AM
Why do you need a corkscrew to open champagne? :stupid:
Some of the dearer stuff has a cork in it.

chalky 4
5th April, 2010, 07:00 AM
Is that the Chinese champagne ? I shall ask my butlers opinion on this matter when he returns from the annual haggis shoot. :beer:

patkins
5th April, 2010, 11:15 AM
Is that the Chinese champagne ? I shall ask my butlers opinion on this matter when he returns from the annual haggis shoot. :beer:
Yes, Chalky, it`s the Chinese champagne, and he`ll not miss it until the Chinese new year comes round next year. Mums the word. LOL

kermitthefrog
6th April, 2010, 09:13 PM
hows this sound get a bottle of strong wine and 6 free range eggs

drink all the wine in 1 go

get the 6 eggs and throw direct at a local police community officer

ITS DAM BETTER THAN MAKING TOAST ! :beer:

patkins
7th April, 2010, 07:42 PM
Or you could add in a can of gloss paint to compliment the eggs, Kermit.

satseeker
7th April, 2010, 10:27 PM
I'd eat the toast and leave the champagne in the bird bowl - it's the RSPB recipe for be kind to bird week

maclemming
10th April, 2010, 12:53 PM
...you guyz!!! ;-)

patkins
10th April, 2010, 07:16 PM
Hi maclemming and welcome to DK. Fond of food then?

kermitthefrog
12th April, 2010, 01:20 PM
Or you could add in a can of gloss paint to compliment the eggs, Kermit.
ID PREFER MATT GLOSS IS MUCH TOO STRONG FOR EGGS GLOSS IS BETTER FOR CUSTARD ! :top:

Krissit
24th April, 2010, 05:45 PM
sounds good

MaxF
4th May, 2010, 08:25 PM
I know this thread started as a bit of a wind-up, but the best way to do toast with champagne (or cheap plonk, whatever the budget currently allows...) I've seen this everywhere but have no idea what it's actually called...

1) Take a Slice of bread, Thicker the better, and cut a hole out of the middle by using an upside down cup / glass / cookie cutter / whatever

2) Heat some lard / fat in a frying pan and put in the slice of bread (as if you were making normal fried bread...)

3) Flip over the bread when the bottom side is only half done and crack open an egg in the hole in the middle

4) Leave the egg to fry as normal.

This goes really well with Salmon or Gammon at breakfast (depends how posh you are...) but I found 2 of these with a tin of beans makes a bloody good student hang-over breakfast.

Enjoy