PDA

View Full Version : vlc on 800

porter1
30th March, 2010, 06:21 PM
any help to set up vlc on the 800 ,wanna watch stream from pc,thanks

Bulld0g
31st March, 2010, 07:20 PM
You mean as a movie from your pc to tv via your 800 ?
For initial set up, on your remote press green button and choose vlc player, Add server then in server address put the ip address of your pc in and save.

When you want to watch a movie ,run vlc on your pc. Go to view\ add interface\ web interface. Then on your remote press green and go to vlc. The contents of your pc will show up on your tv. Choose your movie and press ok on remote to play.

EDIT : Vlc is preinstalled on Nabilosat blackhole. Above is instructions for playing via Nabilosat

porter1
31st March, 2010, 07:39 PM
vlc keeps locking up on the dream whenever i try to cconnect to server

Bulld0g
1st April, 2010, 08:06 PM
Make sure tour firewall isn't blocking it..

porter1
1st April, 2010, 11:22 PM
ill have a mess again tomorrow thanks

porter1
2nd April, 2010, 10:23 AM
i had the wrong ip in the settings,seemed to connect now straight awaybut not showing anything,files etc,made the c drive my movie directory,getting there,just a bit more help,thanks

porter1
2nd April, 2010, 05:59 PM
it shows filelist and playlist but cant select any

Bulld0g
2nd April, 2010, 08:27 PM
i had the wrong ip in the settings,seemed to connect now straight awaybut not showing anything,files etc,made the c drive my movie directory,getting there,just a bit more help,thanks

It will show the whole of your pc including any usb pens connected to the pc.

porter1
2nd April, 2010, 08:42 PM
where am i goin wrong bulldog,when i went on pc vlc and went to stream and put in the ip addie of the dream,it shows up on dream vlc then i selected and it crashed

porter1
4th April, 2010, 10:51 AM
any more ideas anyone,connecting but still not showing anything when i select playlist or filelist,desperate to get this goin,anyones help appreciated

Bulld0g
4th April, 2010, 12:48 PM
When you run Vlc on your pc make sure you go to VIEW\ADD INTERFACE\WEB INTERFACE or it wont work

porter1
4th April, 2010, 01:15 PM
only see tools/add interface/web interface,that it or shall i use a different version of vlc
wat version r you using bulldog