PDA

View Full Version : dm7025 & motor problem

felix1
4th November, 2008, 02:46 AM
disceq motor has been working perfectly up to last nite. i was messing about as u do when things are perfect, and somehow changed something that has caused the box to overshoot when moving to a satellite.

the motor s working fine just that it doesnt stop where its supposed to.

can anyone help with resetting the motor/ box so that it tracks properly

many thanks in advance.

Curious123
4th November, 2008, 10:02 AM
Check that your lat/long have not been changed accidently and also check you have not saved a satellite position in your settings. I once saved a satellite position by accident and found that every time I picked a particular channel it went to the saved sat position.

thered
4th November, 2008, 11:24 AM
as curious said check your long and lat settings but also make sure your dish hasnt moved? have you had much wind or is it anywhere it might have been knocked ie with a football

if everything is ok go to manual scan go to multi-sat disable any you dont want tick yes keep feeds in the clear before scan bit then press scan this worked on my 7025 when the channels went walkabouts

felix1
4th November, 2008, 01:02 PM
thanks for the replies guys.

the long and lat are still the same.
i DID store a satelitte postion. and thats when it all when wrong. how do i remove/delete this postion?

many thanks again

thered
4th November, 2008, 01:11 PM
can you follow the steps i mentioned earlier it should overide the previous settings

Curious123
4th November, 2008, 03:59 PM
Not at my box so can't say for certain but if you deselect usal I think that takes into the saved sat menu from which you could delete whatever is in there and reselect usals.

felix1
4th November, 2008, 07:51 PM
thanks thered. done a scan as suggested. no change at all.
thanks curious123. cant see that option anywhere to deselect usual.

can only think the dish has moved but dont see how/why as things were fine till i messed with the 'goto' option.

will relign dish again tomorrow if i havent sorted it out on the box side.

thanks again guys.

thered
4th November, 2008, 07:56 PM
can you not go to manual scan /multisat then clear before scan and clear all your channels then re- install

also have you had a look in satfinder what is your snr and agg

felix1
5th November, 2008, 07:17 AM
thanks thered. just in the process of flashing the box with a new image. should have tried what you suggested first. but will report back once flash ect done. hopefully it will be sorted.

thanks again

felix1
6th November, 2008, 02:26 AM
ok. ive loaded a new image and done a new scan. still the same.

if i select a channel on a satellite, the dish moves to it but over shoots. if i then goto positioner set up the tune then search west it locks onto the satellite fine. thats for 28 16 19 and 13 degrees. doesnt find the satellite for 1 degree or any of the others including 30 degrees. s looks like the dish has definately moved. will look at it and report back.

many thanks for your replies

felix1
9th November, 2008, 02:53 PM
thanks guys. it was the dish that had moved. all is well again.

thered
9th November, 2008, 03:07 PM
glad ur sorted m8y