PDA

View Full Version : flooded EDC16C34 - immo problem after replacement (need explanation)

kacperor
2nd December, 2023, 06:08 PM
Hey, I got into some weird situation where my lack of knowledge forced me to get some information here.

C4 Grand Picasso - after turning key no response from starter.

I diagnosed flooded EDC16C34 - so I opened it and noticed soldered imo off emulator, i plugged in KTAG and downloaded EEPROM.
Next day I bought other EDC16C34 downloaded EEPROM - and I cleared IMMO with EDC16C34.exe software and flashed it back - starter worked but engine did not start so I assumed something with immo is still wrong.
Next I flashed EEPROM from broken EDC into EDC I bought (and i did not resoldier this imo off emulator) - car started

and my question is why it didnt start with original eeprom with imo off by software - is there something I forgot to do?

after I understand this I will have another question with car errors diagnosed with Lexia.

Thanks in advance

volodin69
2nd December, 2023, 10:02 PM
Maybe because ktag gets out 8kb of eeprom data and the edc16c3.exe uses 2kb eep dumps. Take a look again in dumps

Autronico2
3rd December, 2023, 12:17 PM
Hey, I got into some weird situation where my lack of knowledge forced me to get some information here.

C4 Grand Picasso - after turning key no response from starter.

I diagnosed flooded EDC16C34 - so I opened it and noticed soldered imo off emulator, i plugged in KTAG and downloaded EEPROM.
Next day I bought other EDC16C34 downloaded EEPROM - and I cleared IMMO with EDC16C34.exe software and flashed it back - starter worked but engine did not start so I assumed something with immo is still wrong.
Next I flashed EEPROM from broken EDC into EDC I bought (and i did not resoldier this imo off emulator) - car started

and my question is why it didnt start with original eeprom with imo off by software - is there something I forgot to do?

after I understand this I will have another question with car errors diagnosed with Lexia.

Thanks in advance
Why didn't you do a complete reading of your original ecu and transfer all the backup to the used ecu you purchased, without doing the immo off?

kacperor
3rd December, 2023, 02:17 PM
delete..................

kacperor
3rd December, 2023, 02:17 PM
Maybe because ktag gets out 8kb of eeprom data and the edc16c3.exe uses 2kb eep dumps. Take a look again in dumps

That might be true, so following this I should use other reader than KTAG or other IMO OFF software?

kacperor
3rd December, 2023, 02:19 PM
Why didn't you do a complete reading of your original ecu and transfer all the backup to the used ecu you purchased, without doing the immo off?

Its what I finally done and engine starts - I just wanted to know why it didnt work with "new" EEPROM with IMMO OFF - but @volodin69 actually might be right here.

Autronico2
3rd December, 2023, 08:35 PM
That might be true, so following this I should use other reader than KTAG or other IMO OFF software?
You should desolder the eeprom and read it, to have the right file size.

kacperor
4th December, 2023, 05:06 PM
I understand now, so via ktag I can only lets say clone from old to new without making changes, right?
Is that possible that engine errors cloned too?

Autronico2
5th December, 2023, 08:41 AM
I understand now, so via ktag I can only lets say clone from old to new without making changes, right?
Is that possible that engine errors cloned too?
Of course you also transfer the errors into memory, but then delete them with diagnosis.

kacperor
9th December, 2023, 11:42 AM
I have problem with AC not working after IMO OFF - what should I do now?

//edit - ventilation is not working even with ori eeprom from first EDC16c34

Autronico2
12th December, 2023, 01:01 PM
I have problem with AC not working after IMO OFF - what should I do now?

//edit - ventilation is not working even with ori eeprom from first EDC16c34
Are you sure it worked before?

Autronico2
12th December, 2023, 01:02 PM
Have you made a diagnosis?
Have you checked the fuses?

kacperor
12th December, 2023, 08:41 PM
Have you made a diagnosis?
Have you checked the fuses?

Client said that AC worked before the EDC16C34 clone.

Fuses are OK, we ordered BSM box - gonna change it tommorow and check (will let u know).

Diagnosis:

- C994 engine management module - compressor clutch control system error (the only one with AC)
- F015 - problem with communication with engine management module

Fan is working after we gave him voltage