PDA

View Full Version : guide for gettin ppv

18fisher88
31st March, 2010, 04:40 PM
heres a guide for getting ure ppv back on enigma boxes ie itgate /dreambox ect

1. first download dreambox edit and ppv 6887 from downloads

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads/other/8/dreambox-edit-v3-0-1180/

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads/services-bouquets/19/ppv-channels-6887-1192/

2. open dream edit and ftp the files from your box to a file on computer by receving them on ftp tool

3.open the file with the files from your box

4.at the left hand side find the ppv channels go to the first ppv channel highlight right click go to copy and edit service

5 on list find service type change this to number 1 and click add

6 then drag the ppv channel what says tv drag to the tv user bouquets then it will say service added

7 then click save at the top then go to save as and save all this in the ppv 6887 folder u first downloaded at the start

8 then now you need ftp that folder to your box like on step 2 but this time instead reciving files u sending files rember on broswr path uneed select the file u going to send so send files then at right hand side click reloead command settings

9 them restart your box bobs your uncle u have it and enjoy

gingerninja
31st March, 2010, 04:46 PM
can this be used with any ftp client or just dreambox edit

braindead
31st March, 2010, 04:51 PM
Also works for XXX channels

18fisher88
31st March, 2010, 04:58 PM
any i think m8 only tested on dreambox edit but i imagine it will work

mols0n
31st March, 2010, 05:12 PM
Hi,
Does this work for 6952 areas or is this only for 6887?
Thanks

braindead
31st March, 2010, 05:21 PM
Hi,
Does this work for 6952 areas or is this only for 6887?
Thanks

Both m8, what area are you in ?

mols0n
31st March, 2010, 05:24 PM
Hi,
I'm on ex C&W 6952 (Wirral). Hope this helps.

18fisher88
31st March, 2010, 05:29 PM
i uploaded service files for 6952 areas m8 with working ppv

mols0n
31st March, 2010, 05:36 PM
Hi,
OK I'll download the file now and I'll give it a go. Let you know how I got on later.

mols0n
31st March, 2010, 06:49 PM
Hi,
Yes I have the SBO channels back. Just follow the instructions on the first post and you will get them back. Thank you 18fisher88 your a star.

18fisher88
31st March, 2010, 06:51 PM
nae bother m8

18fisher88
31st March, 2010, 06:52 PM
can we make this a sticky lol

mols0n
31st March, 2010, 09:21 PM
That's a good idea a sticky would be great help,theres lots of people out there struggling to get the ppv channels back.

uglybloke1
31st March, 2010, 09:34 PM
thanks mate worked first time have been trying to get this back for over a week
:congrats:

lordswood
31st March, 2010, 09:38 PM
how would you do this with the DigitalWorldz Dream Neutrino V2.1 image?

rykkers
31st March, 2010, 11:52 PM
Hi there, i'm still stumped. i can't get any channels working.

I also just don't see how this would work?

Why would we download a folder, then overwrite it with stuff from our own dreambox to then upload?

Also, all of my TV channels were already set to type 1. is this significant?

I'm in Brighton on VM if that's of any help to anyone.

Cheers

Ryk

backupbert
1st April, 2010, 09:38 AM
Hi there, i'm still stumped. i can't get any channels working.

I also just don't see how this would work?

Why would we download a folder, then overwrite it with stuff from our own dreambox to then upload?

Also, all of my TV channels were already set to type 1. is this significant?

I'm in Brighton on VM if that's of any help to anyone.

Cheers

Ryk

I didnt bother d'loading the folder stuff. Just do a full scan, then use DreamEdit to get your files off the dreambox and edit the two PPV Events channels to be TV rather than data - and drag them to a bouquet. Worked a treat. Well for me anyway.

Thanks to OP though for the heads up.

R1CK
1st April, 2010, 12:13 PM
thanks got it working well if think so i got one ppv chanel with a rolling ad is this the one

gingerninja
1st April, 2010, 02:07 PM
i could not get this to work but discovered after failure that some of the ppv channels i was missing are located in the data section of the interface when connected to your pc. Has anyone got an explaination for this.

M32 Red
1st April, 2010, 06:08 PM
Afternoon Gents, can this be done via the Tuxbox commander or Dreambox Control Centre ? cheers

southpaw
1st April, 2010, 08:40 PM
Hi Fisher got as far as step 2 and struggled

2. open dream edit and ftp the files from your box to a file on computer by receving them on ftp tool

can you explain a bit more please mate , what files from my box am i looking to ftp to pc

step 3 , open what files ???

thanks

18fisher88
1st April, 2010, 10:53 PM
ftp thye boquetes u have on ure box then in all services ull find ppv ppv2 right clik on them and change service to number 1 then ftp them back to ure box should all work fine

southpaw
2nd April, 2010, 03:00 PM
anybody tell me which folder the services are in on dm800 , cant see them using ftp
thanks

gingebond
2nd April, 2010, 06:49 PM
would reflashing with my back up image sort the sbo channels out? or do i have to follow this guide.

jckw
2nd April, 2010, 06:57 PM
would reflashing with my back up image sort the sbo channels out? or do i have to follow this guide.

ive got a back up image for 6952 with ppv boxing loaded anyone need it pm me email address

gingebond
2nd April, 2010, 07:28 PM
i would love ur back up m8, mine didn't work :(. Problem is iv never pm'd any1 on ere an duno how to lol.

gingebond
2nd April, 2010, 07:33 PM
pm sent m8 ;)

M32 Red
2nd April, 2010, 11:01 PM
Nice one Fisher, back up & running :beer:

cheers

thered
3rd April, 2010, 11:59 AM
struggling with this i cant seem to get dreambox edit to ftp any files to my pc

can i not use dreambox cc instaed?

if so which files do i need to edit and where are they located

thanks

mysterons
3rd April, 2010, 12:27 PM
What if you dont have any boquetes on yor box just all services? also could we have a simple how to guide thanks for the first poster but it's not very clear.

Thanks in advance.

thered
3rd April, 2010, 12:31 PM
What if you dont have any boquetes on yor box just all services? also could we have a simple how to guide thanks for the first poster but it's not very clear.

Thanks in advance.

yeh i find it unclear too and i cant get dreambox edit to transfer from box to pc for some reason to change files

Mubz
3rd April, 2010, 01:32 PM
yeh i find it unclear too and i cant get dreambox edit to transfer from box to pc for some reason to change files

have you clicked the 'cable receiver' at the bottom of the options page on DreamBoxEdit...

thered
3rd April, 2010, 03:04 PM
have you clicked the 'cable receiver' at the bottom of the options page on DreamBoxEdit...

yup no joy but if i can use DCC anyway it shouldnt be a problem should it

thered
3rd April, 2010, 06:16 PM
heres a guide for getting ure ppv back on enigma boxes ie itgate /dreambox ect

1. first download dreambox edit and ppv 6887 from downloads

4.at the left hand side find the ppv channels go to the first ppv channel highlight right click go to copy and edit service

5 on list find service type change this to number 1 and click add

6 then drag the ppv channel what sais tv drag to the tv user bouquets then it will say service added

7 then click save at the top then go to save as and save all this in the ppv 6887 folder u first downloaded at the start

8 then now you need ftp that folder to your box like on step 2 but this time instead reciving files u sending files rember on broswr path uneed select the file u going to send so send files then at right hand side click reloead command settings

9 them restart your box bobs your uncle u have it and enjoy

well couldnt get dreambox edit to work decided to bin it for a bit came back tried again everything ticketyboo

ppv is back on and i added the missing ~~~~ back too

havent got a scooby why it wasnt working but alls well in the end thanks for the tut :beer:

Mubz
3rd April, 2010, 06:54 PM
well couldnt get dreambox edit to work decided to bin it for a bit came back tried again everything ticketyboo

ppv is back on and i added the missing ~~~~ back too

havent got a scooby why it wasnt working but alls well in the end thanks for the tut :beer:

what sym are you on? if its 6952 would you be a kind chappy and upload it or email me your bouquets as i just can't get the dam thing working...

thered
3rd April, 2010, 07:01 PM
sorry im on 6.887 but it does work i just took some time out came back and it all come together

what problem are you having with the tut i will c if i can help you

Mubz
3rd April, 2010, 07:15 PM
sorry im on 6.887 but it does work i just took some time out came back and it all come together

what problem are you having with the tut i will c if i can help you

i've done everything as i should and was testing it last night with the ~~~~ channels but it didn't work...
dreamboxedit>download>created new bouquet called test>edited PPV + PPV by right clicking ?copy and edit service? .changed service type from 5 to 1> dragged to ?test> saved>FTPed back into box, reloaded service> unplugged box for 30 secs?.

What seems to happen is when I go into test and go on PPV I get a black screen but when I press ok it puts me into the bouquets of what ever I was watching before I changed channel?

Really doing ma head in now as I?ve got folk coming over later
:(

thered
3rd April, 2010, 07:25 PM
just to add to the thread for people like me.

i didnt need the files in the d/load section they were already in my service list when i scanned they are just hidden

if you look when scanning you will probably see ppv events,xplicit,red hot and viewers wives ect

only to find they have gone when its finished and your left with live events channel and all the ~~~~ just say xplicit nightly ect and dont work

if you can get dreambox edit to work then scroll down to look in all channels (make sure all types is selected ) you will see ppv events and the ~~~~ too

right click and the choose edit

change the 5 to a 1 and then i wrote cable tv in the other box

add it then drag and drop it to your sports boquet on the right of dreambox edit

send it back to box and re-boot

now when i look in my boquet i have a gap with no text the channels is there it just has no name but it works

theapron2
3rd April, 2010, 07:28 PM
what's the instructions for dbox2?

thered
3rd April, 2010, 07:32 PM
i've done everything as i should and was testing it last night with the ~~~~ channels but it didn't work...
dreamboxedit>download>created new bouquet called test>edited PPV + PPV by right clicking ?copy and edit service? .changed service type from 5 to 1> dragged to ?test> saved>FTPed back into box, reloaded service> unplugged box for 30 secs?.

What seems to happen is when I go into test and go on PPV I get a black screen but when I press ok it puts me into the bouquets of what ever I was watching before I changed channel?

Really doing ma head in now as I?ve got folk coming over later
:(

mine have no name in the boquets i only know its there cos there i have a gap in my sports boquet saying n/a the ~~~~ channels all say n/a too

try in a different folder

its strange because when i go back to dreambox edit the channels do not even show up in my boquets at all

btw do you get a message saing to reboot your box after you have used dreambox edit

thered
3rd April, 2010, 07:33 PM
what's the instructions for dbox2?

pretty much the same id imagine

Mubz
3rd April, 2010, 07:37 PM
well ~~~~ me softly!!!
i just the same as i've been doing before and it's on thats if are we getting Lord of the Ring trailes for tonight....

which bit did you stick CABLE TV in??

thered
3rd April, 2010, 07:43 PM
well ~~~~ me softly!!!
i just the same as i've been doing before and it's on thats if are we getting Lord of the Ring trailes for tonight....

which bit did you stick CABLE TV in??

just the blank box near the 5

but tbh m8 im like you i dunno what i done different i just went away came back tried again and it was there first go

strange eh lol

glad your sorted anyways

btw just looked and i cant see no lord of the rings just hay trailer on a loop

Mubz
3rd April, 2010, 07:52 PM
just the blank box near the 5

but tbh m8 im like you i dunno what i done different i just went away came back tried again and it was there first go

strange eh lol

glad your sorted anyways

Definitely well strange...

i think i added instead of saved, gonna have a wee muchabout with the ~~~~ channels just so i know I?ve got my head around it

but am i right by saying we should be getting the trailer for lord of the rings not a stationary picture with box office at the right hand side....

and cheers for the help dude, i just hope it's worth it....lol

thered
3rd April, 2010, 07:59 PM
Definitely well strange...

i think i added instead of saved, gonna have a wee muchabout with the ~~~~ channels just so i know I?ve got my head around it

but am i right by saying we should be getting the trailer for lord of the rings not a stationary picture with box office at the right hand side....

and cheers for the help dude, i just hope it's worth it....lol

lol dunno m8 im seeing haye and valuev trailers sorry

Mubz
3rd April, 2010, 08:03 PM
cool...
well enjoy, if it's working...
:)

Saltire
3rd April, 2010, 09:49 PM
does this fix get all the ppv movies too ?

prawny007
3rd April, 2010, 09:52 PM
having trouble connecting to my dream box to ftp the files can any1 help

caveman_nige
3rd April, 2010, 10:24 PM
dunno what you guys did but i am having naff all luck with this

Saltire
3rd April, 2010, 10:26 PM
does this fix get all the ppv movies too ?

can someone tell me if this fix gets the ppv movies too, thats all i'm interested to know please ?

cgscott
3rd April, 2010, 10:28 PM
can someone tell me if this fix gets the ppv movies too, thats all i'm interested to know please ?

No it doesnt mate. Only time you will get PPV movies is if you scan your area and someone has purchased the film.

rob6007
3rd April, 2010, 11:00 PM
cant get this either , can anyone tell me if there is a manual way of doing this to set up ppv thanks

Mubz
4th April, 2010, 01:07 AM
if there's anyone having problems on sym 6952 let me know and i'll upload my bouquets..

>files now uploaded< (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads/services-bouquets/18/falkirk-area-channels-bouquet-04-04-10-1197/)

cassie
4th April, 2010, 01:50 PM
Thanks for all your help, worked a treat :manusign:

thered
4th April, 2010, 07:26 PM
cool...
well enjoy, if it's working...
:)

lol didnt realise yesterday when you were going on about lord of the rings you were on about the fight i thought you were getting the film

i had a chuckle to meself last night when i watched it and they all had lord of the ring on there mics

so thats what he was banging on about lol

thered
4th April, 2010, 07:26 PM
dunno what you guys did but i am having naff all luck with this

u sorted yet kv

Saltire
13th April, 2010, 02:25 AM
ok, with the help of one of our fellow member i think i have ppv and prawn channels working, but how can u tell if its working, what channel should i try and look at to see if its working that i would not get if it wasnt set up proper.

someone please tell me what channel/s to check please ?

Mubz
13th April, 2010, 09:34 AM
ok, with the help of one of our fellow member i think i have ppv and prawn channels working, but how can u tell if its working, what channel should i try and look at to see if its working that i would not get if it wasnt set up proper.

someone please tell me what channel/s to check please ?

the easy way is to mess around with the ~~~~ channels after 11
or the stuipd way is to wait about an hour before a big event and try sorting it then (like i did) lol

cgscott
13th April, 2010, 09:41 AM
Thomson. Hope your sorted mate :)

All the XXX Channels that didnt work on Enigma should now be avaliable after 10pm.

The PPV will only show a couple of days before a main event.

bassboost10
13th April, 2010, 05:06 PM
Does this work for areas that have already gone to N3???
Thanks.

Saltire
14th April, 2010, 02:39 AM
the easy way is to mess around with the ~~~~ channels after 11
or the stuipd way is to wait about an hour before a big event and try sorting it then (like i did) lol

oh, so all the prawn channels are ppv now ? i didnt know that, i seen some of them were working last night, so i guess the ppv side of it must be working, eh ?

Saltire
14th April, 2010, 02:41 AM
Thomson. Hope your sorted mate :)

All the XXX Channels that didnt work on Enigma should now be avaliable after 10pm.

The PPV will only show a couple of days before a main event.

yes mate, your the man :)

i seen some prawn channels working so i guess its working :)

thanks for the help matey :):top:

M32 Red
22nd April, 2010, 06:09 PM
Anybody elses channel gone off ? got it working again for the Haye fight. I can see (Froch v Kessler) in the preview title for the channel but get 'this service doesnt currently send a signal' ??? anybody getting the previews ? cheers in advance

AceRulez
25th December, 2010, 12:19 AM
do you need any special wires to do these steps? i am a little confused on what to do. lol I'm from Luton and have dm500 so not sure if it will work here?