PDA

View Full Version : humax freesat hdd recorder

atlis
31st March, 2010, 04:48 PM
hi im needing help/advice on matter.....i have a usb pen formatted to fat32 and the box is recognising the device but not my media on it. it displays (sda) when i open the usb it has nothing innit. im trying to put various media files onto box itself so i can watch on my tv. the file formats are avi,xvid. does anyone know if my media files need to be converted to another format the humax will play:hmmmm2:

ManofScience
31st March, 2010, 04:52 PM
i don't think it PLAYS them, is it not for recording them ONTO USB , for playback on a computer. my boss has one.

atlis
5th April, 2010, 03:19 PM
i have managed to do it. 1st you load any media file from pc into a program called SUPER C.select TS(transport stream)/BLU-RAY M2TS from the output container and let it convert. 2nd. obtain the program AV2HDR...sorry dont have link but im sure you could use a well known search engine to find it. load your converted file into it and it converts the file into 3 formats a TRANSPORT STREAM file along with a HMT FILE AND A NTS FILE. simply drag these three files onto external device and access the file via freesat box

slowman
6th January, 2011, 02:38 AM
Thanks for the help. The System you outlined really works. Would like to add that AV2HDR has a minimum video length of 30 secs.