PDA

View Full Version : starview box t boot problem

philly
4th November, 2008, 12:45 PM
Hi All,
Have problem with starview box t. Unit stuck in pre-standby mode ie, green bar constantly running on display. Cured this problem in the past on other boxes by re-flashing. However with this box when the flash process reaches 100% on the progres bar I then get a notice 'Flash burning' followed by 'Flash update fail'.
Any Ideas.
Confused.

philly.

satsmo
4th November, 2008, 05:46 PM
Presume you tried a hard boot flash or thats what you have done?

philly
5th November, 2008, 12:25 AM
Hi Satsmo,
Unit now working. I left the box switched on in the workshop for about 3 hours in the pre-standby mode (green dots constantly moving on display). After removing the power and re-applying it then went into normal standby mode. It then took the firmware flash
and reported firmware up-grade ok.
The unit is now working fine.
Thanks for your reply,
Philly

satsmo
5th November, 2008, 12:30 AM
Thanks for coming back to let us know philly. Could be a cap on the way out, make sure you keep it well ventilated also.

philly
5th November, 2008, 11:27 AM
Yes I suspected that as C11 if my memory is correct can cause boot problems.
I checked it out on the ESR meter justn in case.

Talk later,
Philly

BeesPoep
9th July, 2010, 01:27 PM
hi,
I have had similar problems with my box-t. trying different firmwares I managed to put on an incorrect flash. now when I put on the correct firmware it simply gives a solid green line at the end with a nice green screen on the tv. I tried flashing older firmwares and for some reason the box will flash with firmware for 'thebox'. Unfortunately this does not allow me to search for channels as it is only dvb-c. Reflashing from a cold start with the correct box-t firmware again leaves me with a green line and a major headache! any suggestions!!!!!?????????

cactikid
9th July, 2010, 09:43 PM
try loading t firmware into gtrom,have box powered off press download and power on box immediately it should load and wait for box to reboot,might take a few goes,then a factory reset and a fresh scan and emu on.