PDA

View Full Version : Factory reset. Now only FTA. Please help.

dodge
1st April, 2010, 11:18 AM
Hi all.

I think I'm doing something wrong with my keys or roms.

Most of my channels started showing "service not found" last week so I tried rescaning but kept getting an error message after the scan and the box just reset with nothing changed. The error message didn't stay on screen for long so I'm not sure what it said. Something about can't edit tuxbox I think.

I've now hit the factory reset button and updated the image to DK 1.1 which I was using anyway and rescand using Bruteforce. Bruteforce didn't get me SS1 so I've also scaned with a couple of local(ish) fast scans and got everything.

I used FlashFXP to ftp the keys and roms into var/keys and var/scce but I think I've done something wrong as I'm only getting FTA.

I've tried most of the emulators the box can download from the server and I'm curently trying Evocamd and that seems to be what all the guids say but in fairly sure I was using CCcam when it was working before. Does the emu make much diference?

I remember having the same problem about a year ogo when I first got the box but I can't remeber how I fixed it.

It's an OpenMedia 500cs with DK 1.1 image in an ex NTL area if it maters.

I know it aint gona' last much longer anyway but if anyone can help me get it working again for now I'd be very gratfull.

dodge
1st April, 2010, 01:19 PM
Got it fixed now.

The keys where auto apdating to the wrong keys.

I found this in another post from Devilfish to edit my camd_cfg

# AU
# 00 is ignored (default)
# 01 enable AU
# 02 AU Auto
A: { 02 }

And changed the keys in keys.txt to resunably upto date ones found with google.

I'll be back with more newbie questions once nag3 hits my area and i flick the switch to sat.:s:

psats
5th April, 2010, 11:39 AM
Got it fixed now.

The keys where auto apdating to the wrong keys.

I found this in another post from Devilfish to edit my camd_cfg

# AU
# 00 is ignored (default)
# 01 enable AU
# 02 AU Auto
A: { 02 }

And changed the keys in keys.txt to resunably upto date ones found with google.

I'll be back with more newbie questions once nag3 hits my area and i flick the switch to sat.:s:
if you had updated to the correct roms it would auto the keys

dodge
14th April, 2010, 11:17 PM
I tried all the roms and keys I could find but maybe none of them where up to date.

Getting it working again did teach me a bit more about how the box works though so it all worked out for the best.