PDA

View Full Version : Connecting PC to Internet

akhlaq768
1st April, 2010, 11:23 AM
Need some advice from you experts...

I have a PC that i would like internet access, it doesn't have a wireless card, it was connected to the net via the ethernet cable...

now the PC has moved to another room.

Just wondering what is the best way to connect the PC to the Internet...

thanks in advance

Dreamer
1st April, 2010, 11:51 AM
the cheapest solution would probably be for you to extend the cableing in your house and extend the cable into the new room. It would probably cost you around ?10 to buy the cable and holding clips. You can buy adapter plugs which will allow you to use your electrical sockets to extend your network but these cost around ?80.
Homeplug Adaptors - The Circuits Shop - Electronics in Meccano (http://www.eleinmec.com/shop_category.asp?2520-homeplug-adaptors)

You could plug in a wireless router into your existing wired modem and use a wireless dongle on the pc.
something like thisLinksys Wireless N Cable Router & USB Dongle - Free Delivery : Wireless Cable Router : Maplin (http://info.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=388610)

probegt91
17th May, 2010, 12:27 PM
i would just extend the cable. thats your cheapest way. if you wanna spend some money you could have a network card installed

akhlaq768
19th May, 2010, 10:09 AM
can i use one of those usb type one, ive got one for the laptop, wondering if i can stick this into the PC and make it work... or is it just for laptops?

dinocol
22nd May, 2010, 02:47 AM
it would work, just make sure its USB and not the pcmcia or another type of connection..

get a wireless pci card or just a wifi USB Stick.. its quite cheap and you do not need to layout ur cables again..

amrsoft
30th May, 2010, 08:51 PM
get a wireless pci card or just a wifi USB Stick.. its quite cheap and you do not need to layout ur cables again

id4sure
31st May, 2010, 06:07 PM
I think better wifi usb stick since you may always reuse it some days later. :proud:

compass
2nd June, 2010, 10:55 AM
Usb wireless adapter will be the best solution for you..