PDA

View Full Version : 4H0959655C Airbag module cloning info

alkaskad
21st December, 2023, 08:22 AM
Hi guys!
I have a delicate situation with this airbag module. Here's the story:
Original airbag unit had "Replace control unit" DTC
Got another one, same number but different HW number, did a component protection, everything went fine,but the module doesn't accept coding provided via ODIS online. So i tried to make it virgin and again with AVDI, everything OK... Here comes the moment when I f'd up; i did reflash with corresponding .frf file found on VAG flash disc, everything went fine but in the end it says: flash failed.
Now I got Airbag module that doesn't communicate with anything in car, but I can connect with it through diagnostic and that's all. No possibility to reflash or virgonise...
I've played a little with the old module, managed to read NEC processor and found that there are only 00
(zeroes) i D-flash section and some data in P-Flash.My guess is that D-Flash is empty because unit have external 95XX eeprom.
Is this enough to clone the unit? I ask because there are two BOSCH chips. Or there is something else that I can do, except getting another unit.

Thanks!

fuzz1
21st December, 2023, 10:35 AM
Hi

Post your file read from the eeprom. Hopefully a clear of the eeprom might solve the problem. Return the files you read into the eeprom and mcu

alkaskad
21st December, 2023, 02:58 PM
Here are the files from original unit. Eeprom and MCU dumps.

fuzz1
22nd December, 2023, 07:27 AM
Strange reading from the eeprom. I was expecting to see the vin number there. Is the reading from the second module similar?

alkaskad
22nd December, 2023, 08:12 AM
I didn't touch "new" unit... I forgot to tell one thing, original unit was water damaged.

EDIT: Check the file named save20231218_103811_212 ORIGINAL. That's 95640 dump and there is VIN number.