PDA

View Full Version : RenoLink 1.99 Accidental Write to UPC module

ltvd07
30th December, 2023, 01:56 AM
Hi all,

I have a Renault Megane 3 Grandtour 2.0l CVT from 2010. I was looking through modules I had previously scanned (I was investigating what modules do what, since everything is in French…) when I got onto the UPC module (which is PSU module in English, didn’t know that…). In RenoLink there are always preselected configurations in the right tab. I went ahead and started communicating with the module to start reading what the already known values were to the ECU. After looking at what was displayed by the ECU, RenoLink thought it was a good idea to just overwrite all the values with the preselected values on the right side after around 5 seconds (left side had the known values).

Immediately after service light came on the dash stating: Check vehicle

I tried salvaging/remembering the old original values but had no luck. There was no backup whatsoever and the only thing I managed to make a screenshot of was the log. In the attached picture you can see what the log states. The first response from the ECU must have been the original value of code that was learned to the ECU. After that, you see “User” sending a string of code to the ECU to write. Code was accepted and since then everything went bad.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20231230/03acd2ac208db628f6e2b6c8b33ef82c.jpg

Bright side is, I have driven the car and nothing seems out of the ordinary except for the service light on the dash. No loss of power or anything. Scanning the car for DTC’s gives nothing. I am so pissed and dumb-fooled at the same time that I could’ve a lot more careful, but at the same time I didn’t know what I was doing…

Please save the banter, I’m already repetitively hitting myself in the head for this. Please tell me there is some way for me to write the old code back somehow or somebody who knows the original code. I tried everything I could, but it seems that it is hard coded in and I have no way of knowing the old values, except from the log file…

Thank you very much for reading and I hope I can solve it without going to a Renault dealer for this…

fww1
30th December, 2023, 08:45 AM
Try making an autoconfig with a clip

rafal
30th December, 2023, 10:37 AM
you bought toy and play with cars without any knowledge
you are lucky that car started
now you get good lession

ltvd07
30th December, 2023, 01:33 PM
How would one make an autoconfig

ltvd07
30th December, 2023, 01:35 PM
now you get good lession

I know… It was very stupid for me to mess around… Didn’t research well enough to know I could mess up this bad… Guess we all learn from mistakes like this…

ltvd07
30th December, 2023, 01:36 PM
now you get good lession

@ffw How would one be able to do this? I guess me not knowing says enough that I should not mess around with renolink anymore…

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk