PDA

View Full Version : Mercedes Dashboard Clone

GForce
6th January, 2024, 10:04 AM
Hi all, I have been recommended this forum by a work contact as I have run into a bit of a dead end on this and I am looking for advice and some guidance, if someone would be so kind?
I have a 2006 Mercedes Viano which I am restoring and have converted to a day van . Part of the rebuild required a new dashboard consul, as the original has been badly damaged in the past. The replacement dashboard requires to be coded to the vehicle and I have been told that the original dash should be cloned to the replacement? Is this correct please?
Looking around the usual internet sites there are some sources which show this as achievable but I have never done this sort of thing before (or will probably never need to do it again) and I am willing to pay someone with the correct kit to do it for me if possible?
My searches for someone to do this so far have been fruitless or have not installed a lot of confidence in achieving what I believe to be a straightforward process for someone with the right skills, experience and equipment?
The replacement consul I have is currently fitted to the vehicle and works okay apart from the milage display (just shows _ _ _ _ _) and no communication between the vehicle and LCD display. It does show basic information such as Trip, Time and gear selected but nothing else will display, none of the steering wheel controls work now to change what is displayed or scroll through menus as it did on the original.
The local Mercedes dealer has been unable to help as the vehicle is 'too old' and a new consul is unavailable. They have told me the console has to be coded to the VIN ?
Does anyone have experience of this situation and can direct me to a solution please?

Highboy
6th January, 2024, 11:31 AM
You have to get the SN number from your eis or keys and re-program it into your cluster then it will display mileage or if you want to you can synchronize it with autel IM608

GForce
10th January, 2024, 08:09 PM
Thanks for the advice but I do not know anyone with the autel IM608, a garage did try with the Mercedes diagnostic unit plugged into the vehicle but that did not provide anyway to update the replacement unit. I believe I can get the SN from the EIS with any diagnostic tool but then I am at a loss to how to proceed?

gwiazdamb
10th January, 2024, 10:59 PM
The replaced counter has SSDI, a different reason than EZS, which is the reason for the lines on the counter
I see it in black and white, but let's try
You need to read the eeprom from the meter
Then change km to zero and write the eeprom to the odometer
Then use SD to perform synchronization
If the counter is intended for your car, there will be a synchronization
The counter is not suitable and there is no possibility of synchronization