PDA

View Full Version : Brummies PDF seting up dm800 none usals

2nd April, 2010, 08:38 AM
Ok I have gone through factory reset in setup, loaded catseyes most recent settings,seems to be no problem there. I can lock on Thor and get fta world news etc, but I am following brummies guide but without success.When I get to satfinder page and set to manual transponder I get a lock, if I set predifined it wont lock. I am now waiting for the Plasterer to come and fill this hole in the living room wall, where I have just removed my head, for the second time this morning.

can anybody HELP!!!!!!!!!
just a little off track but for some reason when I try to edit my long/lat setting, the remote will not enter anything higher than 3 is there a reason for that.

Many Thanks

2nd April, 2010, 10:53 AM
still trying regards predifined transponder, there are quite a few options as in satfinder
tune predifined transponder
satelite thor 8W
transponder ? what should this be set to

I know this is probebly very simple as in 1 settint needs altering.
But which one.

Fergal
2nd April, 2010, 10:53 AM
It does not show the lock option on predefined transponder
why are you choosing that option anyway?

i have no idea about the button problem

Edit yes it does, my bad

2nd April, 2010, 11:02 AM
Hello fergal
If you look at brummies pdf it does show lock and I am just trying to understand and follow his instructions. I have managed to get world services on thor, but couldnt get anything else in positioner setup

snr 0%
freq 0
ber 0
lock not locked.

any ideas?

Cheers

Fergal
2nd April, 2010, 11:12 AM
Have you scanned the thor sat? put it on bbc world news then go into manual scan and change type of scan to single satellite make sure sat is set to thor and press ok to do a scan.

2nd April, 2010, 03:08 PM
I think my biggest concern is the remote because I am cant store sat position in tuner config, as my remote will not enter anything higher than 3. Is anyone else having any trouble, or is my remote knackered ?

2nd April, 2010, 08:58 PM
Sorted now Brummies PDF is spot on, I like a lot of others not reading and digesting, Follow it properly and you should'nt go wrong. The remote control issue is a known problem but can be overcome by typing your ip address in your web browser and use online remote control, in drembox web control.

Hope this can help someone else